Leaky House Lower Water Bill??

Discussion in Water started by pafjlh • Jan 22, 2013.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have made no secret of this fact around here. I live in a leaky house. Seriously, between our roof leaking during the rainy season, and between leaks in faucets and pipes. Now I know that the leaks in the roof wouldn't effect our water bill any, just lead to structural damage. But the leaks in the pipes and the faucets should. My sister was expecting our water bill for the month of December to go up more because of another Faucet leaking, but guess what it actually went down about $20. Not that I'm complaining about this because it was good news, just can't figure out how that was possible under circumstances.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

That's crazy but it's a good thing i would expect a high bill too with leaks and stuff going on like that but that's really good that it went down.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    That is confusing. I would have also expected a much higher water bill due to leaks. Perhaps using less water in other ways may have offset the leaks. Any way that you guys can get the leaks fixed soon? With spring just around the corner (yea!), water usage may increase and combined with leaks, the bill may increase at that time. Good luck!

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a kid we use to live in a house with leaky pipes. One of my household chores was to shut off the main water valve in the garage when everyone was getting ready to sleep that way you minimize the number of hours the pipes leaked. Hopefully you can have the leaks fixed soon or you can use my tip. :)