Learning "frugal" Skills?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Feb 18, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I guess most young people prefer brands over all other factors when buying things but like you, I prefer the cheaper ones with the same functions as the branded ones. Talk about generation gap. lol So I guess I'm also going to check out the $5 Crea Clip on Amazon as soon as possible because I really need a cut right now. :)

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only reason that I haven't already bought one is because I received a gift card for a hair salon. I'm nervous about using it though. I hope I don't hate my hair when I leave. I've actually had better luck with beauty schools than I have had with salons. Maybe it's because the students are trying so hard.

I'll use my gift eventually though. Free is certainly cheap enough to give this salon a try, right? :)

I will still pick one of the clips up at a later date. I think it's cool, and I want to check it out. I just won't pay full price.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I think you should take advantage of the gift card first. Anyway it's free. I guess you just have to cross your fingers really well so you'd get the hairstyle you really want. ;)

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some people have self taught on Youtube different skills ranging from throwing javelin (a Kenyan javelin star trained on Youtube) to making soap. There are good tutorial websites like Instructables and Do It Yourself which are great to learn new skills. The problem is that nowadays, many people are too busy such that their free time is used to wind down and to reconnect with friends and family. Even such simple tasks as shopping are being outsourced with dial-a- diaper type of services filling a market niche.