Least Biased News Sites

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Nov 6, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been getting a lot of my news on sensationalist sites lately, or more commonly known as clickbait sites, and even though they are very entertaining to read it eventually just doesn't cut it in terms of getting the right information without some personal opinions from the so called journalist spilling in. I'm hoping to get just straight up information without bias, but I don't know where to turn to since even the biggest media companies have some sort of agenda behind each article.

Where do you get your news online? Could you honestly say it is completely objective in their reporting style?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my news from Reuters.com. I'm not saying they're the least biased but since they have reporters all over the world I'm sure they can be or at least should be trusted as a trustworthy source of information.

p.s Earlier in the week I had the opportunity to compare two news stories about some stupid guy. One was posted on an Australian news website. This was the original source. I saw the same news story on a UK site and the story was somewhat different. They claimed to have interviewed the guy and got firsthand information from him — a blatant lie they were telling their readers. If most news stories we read on the web are fictionalized thusly . . .

#2Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually like the BBC websites, but I read others and compare the stories. I never trust Yahoo, their news is a joke and full of inaccuracies. As for newspaper websites, I take them all with a pinch of salt as many have to be updated and change throughout the day.

Sometimes a local website will have more in depth views so I will read them to compare, especially readers comments as they usually are an indication of how accurate a story is.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They're all biased in some way, whether it's toward a political slant or towards businesses. Then you can have a slant that's just part of a given writing style. A site or single reporter can be biased in countless ways, and it's nearly impossible to not show at least some measure of bias from time to time. There are plenty of sites that seek to avoid this issue, but it's nearly impossible. Get your news from the sites that you like most and just check those pieces against other news sites to ensure that you get an accurate picture of the situation. It's as simple as that.