LED Monitor is always getting disconnected

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by chiofthenorns • Oct 3, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    We recently purchased an AOC LED Monitor because our super old CRT monitor is already beyond repair. The problem is that it is always getting disconnected. When the computer table gets bumped or shaken, it turns off. I wonder what could be causing this problem. Can anyone suggest something?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is going to sound stupid, but did you make sure that all of the connections are stable and not loose? Otherwise, you could try replacing whatever type of cord connects the monitor to the PC tower, or whatever it is. It's probably just a faulty cord that you can get replaced under warranty or purchase a new one for a few bucks. In rare cases, whatever the monitor connects to could have a faulty connector that's worn out or just loose.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, that happens to me now quite often, and when the cord that connects to the monitor was moved and the light turns off, I re-attach the cord again, as simple as that. You just remove and re-attach the cord again tightly and the monitor will be ok again. If the problem persists, you can ask for a cord replacement.