Leftover Easter Candies

Discussion in Food & Drink started by hayrake • Apr 6, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sure that sometime today or tomorrow I will run down to the local Dollar General and scarf up some leftover Easter candies. Yesterday at church the pastor had a large basket of goodies and let all the children come up and grab a double handful. I can't say I wasn't tempted to shout, "I'm a kid at heart," and join them.

Seriously, though, I always go and buy leftover candies from whatever holiday just passed.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been big on candies, but I think it's a really nice thought to buy up leftover candies and give them to someone who didn't get any this Easter, or someone who is currently having a hard time. No matter how old you are, candy will always cheer you up, whether you'll eat it or not. It's the thought that counts. :)

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just bought some today actually! I just can't resist it when it's half price. There wasn't a great deal left to choose from but my favourite Cadbury's mini eggs were there, so I bought a few bags. The only problem now is trying not to eat them all in one go!

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, when you HAVE children, you can't exactly wait until the day after sale on things like candy. I mean, the Easter bunny sort of needed to come ON EASTER. As a result, I have no need for MORE candy in my house right now. Haha.

That said, I always hit the 90% off sales at Walgreens and CVS and try to get a few little toys or egg stuffers for next year. That has been a life saver when it comes to easter egg hunts at school. Last year I got everything needed for THIS year for under $5... for two kids and their entire classes. It was awesome.

5. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Noting wrong with that. In fact, it's a great way to satisfy your sugar cravings while saving some money. I wish my neighborhood had leftover candy. Our kids to adults ratio is way off, with the kids being more numerous.

6. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    So now you might find yourself in the unique (or maybe not so unique) position of hiding eggs from yourself. After Easter, even. And you're not even old enough to forget where you hid them.
    Aaaah! Enjoy.:)

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy seasonal candy the day after. There's no reason a stupid wrapper is going to dissuade me from getting a ridiculous deal. I also buy decorations for next year. Why pay full when they want you to pay less?

8. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    So my husband and I went out running around yesterday and picked up some more (Yes. I said more.) leftover candy at Walgreens. We had a ball acting like kids and mock arguing over which kinds and how much to get. And then, of course, there was the eating of it. Well not all of it. We still have plenty left.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often get candy on the day after sale but not this year. I am on a diet and do not want to be tempted since it is very hard for me to resist chocolate. I also love jelly beans, the sour ones are really good.

10. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    I fall in this category too. As an adult in general, I treat myself to all kid candies. Since I'm the adult, I can choose what I like and not just accept what is given to me. Marshmallow peeps are the best. I like them stale, little harder. I remember them having a different shape ad a kid though.

11. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can save 50%, 75% and then 90% on candy the days following the applicable holidays at larger stores, especially Walmart, and Easter is no different. It's a great way to save money, but you'd be better off skipping the candy in the first place and opting for something healthier. Obviously, it's hard to avoid that delicious candy sometimes, so I can't fault you for grabbing some!

12. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    A craving for sweets is my worst vice. I love chocolate of all kinds, but I like the other sugary things, too. Jelly beans, anything with caramel, coconut or any other kind of nuts. Marshmallow candies. Just about anything except really sour stuff.