Leggings Or Jeans?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by danielle davidson • Jun 10, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a fan of both. I can wear either to my office (on Fridays), but I will usually wear jeans. Have you ever tried legging-jeans (jeggings). I think you would like them since they are a lot more comfortable then jeans, but still look like jeans. I really like the styles they have at Old Navy and Gap. They are trendy yet affordable. While I love wearing jeggings, sometimes a good pair of jeans (jeggings) is nice to go out in.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think leggings are better only because they are very comfortable and you can wear them on just a casual day or you can wear them to go out on the town. Best of both worlds! Jeans are good too, just sometimes you want something lose and not so tight fitting.

3. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    I prefer leggings, skirts, and dresses. I own maybe 2 pairs of jeggings and 2 pairs of jeans that are rarely worn.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on what the weather is like. Skinny jeans or jeggings for the majority of the year and leggings when it is warmer (so for around 2 weeks in the north of England!).

I'm quite happy to shell out for decent leggings, there's nothing worse than those see-through ones that Primark sell for £3 a pair.

5. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    While leggings are comfortable to wear around the house, I prefer jeans for casual attire in public. Leggings do not replace pants. As long as your bottom is covered with a skirt or longer top I think it's fine, but if people can easily see your butt crack among other things then it is inappropriate.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like wearing very tight clothing, so I would choose jeans or capri's over leggings any time. I also live in a tropical country, so keeping myself warm via leggings is not really applicable over here.

7. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a leggings person just because I have a tendency to want the easiest most comfortable thing to wear. They're so comfortable, it IS like sweatpants. Jeans are alright, but if I get them they have to be loose fitting. I guess I'm odd like that. But also they have so many cute designs for leggings! I think that's a major reason why they're so popular as well.

8. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I was just going to quote on jeggings. I have heard of them but I have yet to see them in stores. Maybe I'm just looking in all the wrong places. I tend to wear my leggings with something that is at least tunic length. It's like the length between a blouse and a dress sort of,lol. I wear jeans when I'm about to do something that doesn't require dressing up. I would hate to ruin my leggings. The best part is that I will often wear leggings under pants to keep warm in the winter.

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I get your point, @sidney....but I still wear leggings sometimes LOL Because they're fitted and stick to your body, they can get very uncomfortably, stiflingly hot over here too. So I usually wear them when it's cooler or at night. The same goes for jeans, and I love my jeans LOL

10. slerie78

slerie78New Member

Threads:
    I really love leggings and I wanted to wear one more often, because it makes me feel comfy, but the problem is that I am skinny as so is my legs. It wont look good on me though as what my friends would say. So I'm left with jeans, specially those thicker jeans, Levis in example. Jeans are a little bit harder to wash and dries longer compared to leggings. :(

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also fear that if the material and fabric is thin then it might rip when I move suddenly? Lol. It's too tight to begin with, who knows when I sit the butt area will rip, right? :eek:

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe @sidney, that would be hilarious! Obviously not to you, but rather the people watching! Lord, I'd be mortified. That's why I go for the stretchiest ones with a lot of elastane. I once bought 2 pairs with a nice waistband and 10% elastane. They were lovely and could stretch for miles LOL But then something went wrong and i'd I'f find all these tiny holes all over them. I tried to patch them up but had to give up in the end as the leggings were becoming a mass of patchwork, not quite the look I was going for LOL

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Are the holes in the butt area too? Lol If that's the case then the jeans that you bought must be really flimsy. I think I would go for the denim type of leggings, since the material is sturdier.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe they're actually all over, in random places @sidney. I find it baffling, but I think maybe the material was a little old? -and this is leggings as opposed to jeans I'm talking about, you know that cotton type stretchy material? I've tried jeggings and have only ever found one pair that really fits well. IDK, maybe it's my body type, but jeggings have a way of sliding down my waist, even if they fit fine LOL It's just weird.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, If that's the case then you probably bought a very flimsy pair of jeans, lol. Maybe the material is so thin to the point that it breaks so easily when stretched.

16. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe @sidney my friend, what are you on LOL?! You're seriously making me laugh hehe! The leggings I'm talking about aren't meant to be denim. They're cotton, just like leggings are meant to be. I've actually been able to find the exact ones I bought that ended up with many holes all over.

What was weird is the fact all 3 pairs I bought had the same problem! In all my life, I've never seen leggings do that. They tend to to wear thin and eventually get holes where the thighs rub, but nowhere else. I'm still dumbfounded as to what the problem with those was, because they weren't even that flimsy. Have a look:

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Lol I meant leggings, lol. My mind was probably somewhere else as I was typing that, and I didn't re-read it hehe. But yeah that is the problem I guess with leggings, since they are meant to be stretched then they break easily as compared to jeans.

18. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe @sidney, at least you cheered me up there, my friend LOL :) I was starting to really worry about you hehe Oh well, at least we got that sorted out.

Because of that problem with leggings, I've now decided maybe I shouldn't bother getting the expensive ones, because they really are all the same. I don't get much wear out of even the pricier ones, so why bother? I wish someone would recommend to me ones that last and last for ages before they start developing holes **sigh**

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, You know, sometimes I become absent minded while typing, lol. How about you try jeggings instead? I think they're sturdier than leggings.

20. Lushlala

Threads:
    Yea I know @sidney....going on autopilot hehe Don't worry, we all experience it from time to time :)

You know, I might start looking more into jeggings now. I only ever tried a pair that I loved the look of, but I just could never enjoy the way they sat on my body. I mean, to look at, they were great. But the feel of them was just wrong; they just wouldn't sit flush on my waist, meaning I'd have to keep pulling them up. They weren't even a big size, they were my size. Had I gone a size down, they would've been too small. So that annoyed me and put me off them for a while LOL