Lenovo Smartphones

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Sep 22, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    lenovo-smartphone.

Anyone here who has ever used Lenovo smartphones?
    They've been getting a lot cheaper here recently and considering that I don't like most other smartphone designs, this one is actually somewhat appealing to me so I was thinking of buying it. Though I'm still worried about its durability and overall performance since they still aren't one of the more well known brands when it comes to smartphones. I'm thinking it's either this or I spend a bit more and just get a Sony for some piece of mind, but of course I'd rather just get the cheaper one if I could.

What do you guys think of Lenovo smartphones?

2. Nevi

NeviNew Member

Threads:
    I own a Lenovo A800 phone, it's almost 2 years now since I bought it, the durability, quality of this phone is excellent, I dropped it many times on a concrete solid floor, about 4 feet to 5 feet high, sometimes I dropped it and it landed on its screen, guess what? It's still working and everything is still functional. Lenovo brand is popular here in my country, It's somewhat next in line with Samsung, I can vouch for this brand.

3. sll-rambleon

sll-rambleonMember

Threads:
    This is rather interesting because I never knew Lenovo made their own smart phones. I use their equipment at work and I am more than satisfied. But I believe it is hard to enter the market so late in the game.
    The phone in the picture looks awesome. I would buy it in a heart beat if it was affordable. How much does it cost?

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend owns a lenovo smartphone. It was great at first. The screen size was large. The problem? First is that it didn't initially allow saving apps to memory card. It took a lot (I mean a LOT) of updates to be able to save apps to SD. Second is that the phone lags too much. It gets slow if there are already many apps installed. Also, the screen resolution isn't that great. Then again, they're cheaper than other brands so at least that's something positive.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    My friend has one. I think it cost her something like $150 or so, it was really cheap and it's really good for the price actually. I think the only downside that she always complains about is the glare of the screen which makes it really hard to see in daylight.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lenovo's devices are only going to get better because the company acquired Motorola from Google. They're not going to merge the two companies, but you can bet that Lenovo's smartphones are going to borrow certain elements from Motorola's phones, and that can only benefit the consumers.

7. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used one yet but I've been pretty satisfied with my Lenovo laptop. I've been fairly brand-loyal with Samsung in recent years, but I don't have any issues with looking at any other Android options.

8. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't worry about brands too much anymore. Unless you're buying off of DealExtreme, or something, of course. The reason there are "new" companies being introduced to the smartphone business is Android being open and their terms being pretty lenient, so a lot of companies can now make smartphones easier than it used to be in the Symbian days.

9. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have Lenovo phones, but a friend of mine have. I tried to compare it with my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I think it is quite impressive from camera to design. However I still like my Samsunb phone so I dont have to buy another phone yet. Maybe in the future.