Lenovo Thinkpad or Apple Macbook

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pahagwl • Mar 12, 2014.

1. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I was researching online about which laptop has the best build quality. And I ended up shortlisting two laptop manufacturers. The first one in my list is Apple who manufactures macbooks. And the second one is Lenovo which manufactures the thinkpad line of laptops. I have read rave reviews about both these laptops with regards to their build quality. So, I wanted to ask those people who already own a laptop which belongs to these lines about their experiences.

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    I have neither laptops, but I know people who have one or the other.

I like the touch screen (on the thinkpad), but it's nothing that my friend or I use all the time. Depending on the model, their can be an 1000 dollar difference between a Macbook and a Thinkpad, so if you're trying to save money, I would go with the Thinkpad. Macbooks are really sweet though, so if money isn't a factor, then I'd go with a Macbook, personally.

3. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    Macbooks are overpriced imo. And you will find the OS to be more of a hindrance with it's limited compatibility. Keep in mind that only about 10% of all computers are using some kind of Mac OS. If you are into the stylish products then yeah apple might be for you but if you want a bigger bang for the buck you can find a better price with Lenavo. The build quality is probably a little bit better in the Macbook but definitely not by a wide margin.

4. klieny

klienyNew Member

Threads:
    I have a MacBook and its great, I just love apple products because of the sleek finish they all have. But it's up to you and your budget. Price wise there is a big difference, so you should take that into consideration.

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The high end Lenovo Thinkpads aren't cheap either, though they are still cheaper than their Mac counterparts. Personally I would go with the Lenovo, since I've owned three Lenovo computers over the past 4 years, and all of them have held up very well and been very dependable. Their customer support was also much easier to get a hold of than any previous experiences I've had with Dell or HP. Any time I had an issue while I was under warranty, they would ship the replacement parts to me within two days, and include the shipping to send the old parts back.

Between the Mac's and the Lenovo Thinkpads, if you are considering the top of the line business Thinkpads, they are more rugged than the Macs. The main things I would caution you on with the Thinkpads, is try to see the model you are considering in person. They vary in build quality and screen resolution depending on the price of the system. Some of the lower cost ones might have lower resolution screens on them for example, to keep the costs down, or the casing might have more plastic on it than metal.

6. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I would go with the Lenovo Thinkpad. Simply because Apple computers are overrated, and over priced. Not to mention that their Operating system is incompatible with a lot of the more popular software programs. Save yourself some money, and buy the Thinkpad.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    There is no way you can compare the two. Apple Macbook will beat hands down on lenovo. Macbooks for years have been known to deliver he best quality in terms of performance, storage, memory among other thing. I must admit that Macbooks are quite pricey but they have a way of consoling you that you made the right decision.