Less Popular Christmas Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Nov 27, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Every Christmas, we usually have some movies playing on the background but at this point we have pretty much played all the well known ones and even the cable channels usually play those anyway so I'd like to hear of some hidden gems if you guys have any. It doesn't literally have to be about Christmas, I guess, as long as it has an element of the holidays and overall has that feel.

Do you guys have any Christmas movie favorites that aren't very well known or overplayed?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Die Hard! lol. No seriously, we add it to the rotation lol. Other than that, it's too early for my head and I can't think of anything other than Santa Clause (with Tim Allen).. I actually really like those movies; very Christmasy. The others I can think of are pretty well known too.. Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, Home Alone, A Miracle On 34th Street (both old and new), The Grinch (both old and new) and the love of my life, A Christmas Story :)

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you like animations? I watched Barbie in "A Christmas Carol." The movie is based on Dicken's a Christmas carol. It's pretty good. If you are watching it with kids, they'll love it.

Other Christmas movies you should consider adding to your list:

The Hebrew Hammer
    Shrek 3
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Bad Santa

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Thank you very much for the suggestion! I actually have a niece who would love to watch this at Christmas and there are also a lot of girl toddlers in our family so this would be great to add to the rotation. I'll definitely be using this movie at Christmas.

Thanks for all the other suggestions so far guys. I will be checking them all out but please feel free to add more recommendations so we can all get some nice movie recommendations for Christmas here.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I like Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie "Jingle All the Way" for starters. Two other movies involving Christmas themes are "Reindeer Games" and "Edward Scissorhands," which I have watched numerous times now. Believe it or not, Batman Returns was themed around Christmas, which is one of the better films of the comic book adaption. Die Hard and Die Hard 2 plots are written around Christmas time, which I like both movies. There's a lot more, but my memory is foggy right now due to excessive Thanksgiving foods.

6. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    We watched a lot of Christmas movies this year. Among the lesser known but still interesting and good, there was 'Santa Who' and 'Ernest saves Christmas'. A new one was 'A Merry Friggin' Christmas', pretty cool. Also enjoyed classics, plus Scrooged, plus my favorite version of a Christmas Carol, the one with the dude who plays Professor Xavier. :)