Less Popular Fruit Juice Flavors

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Nov 21, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    [​IMG]

mPG6-VEKQYVTglQpp_bL8XA.

[​IMG]

I've been drinking a lot of alternative fruit juice flavors recently because I've grown tired of the usual orange or grape and I am thoroughly enjoying the shift in my habit, so I thought I'd share my discoveries and I also hope to hear of some other new flavors I might have never heard of. My recommendations for anyone looking to find new sodas or fruit juices is to look for a brand called Zesto which you could probably find in your Filipino grocery stores. They offer these different local flavors in either juice or soda form, both of which are equally good. I myself have a few favorites of my own but the most common favorites are calamansi (calamondi), guyabano (soursop), and dalandan (unripe orange). All their other more traditional flavors like strawberry, orange, pineapple, are good as well.

Any other flavors if juice drinks that you guys have come across? Please share them here!

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I really like Pokka Carrot Juice, it has a refreshing taste that's not too sweet, and the carrot taste while present is not overpowering. Other than that, the best juices you can make are definitely freshly-squeezed/blended ones done by yourself. Definitely invest in a juicer and experiment with making your own delicious juices!

3. Danica45

Danica45New Member

Threads:
    Hey, if you want some change in your taste why don’t you try new juice flavors that have been added in

? I really like their Raspberry Dreamin'. Its taste is very unique. I hope you will also like this.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Not sure if soda can really be categorized as 'juice'.

That reminds me of a few drinks I have had. I notice in a lot of Polish grocery stores that they utilize carrot in the juices. They also have a great Apple/Mint juice I enjoy immensely. Not sure if it's Tymbark or another brand but it comes in a long glass bottle primarily.

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried gourd, sugar cane, ginseng, cucumber, and guava drinks before. I believe they sell it in Britain, but I have yet to try "dandelion" drink - yes it's real. Now I came across these recently and it almost made me throw-up and laugh: Placenta Drink, Gau Jal: made of cow urine, NEEDS: made of cheese, Salad Flavoured Water, and Diet Water.

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    ProdAdminImage.ashx?id=337.ProdAdminImage.ashx?id=172.

My favorite non conventional juice (and sodas) is Hibiscus juice and Boysenberry juice/soda. I loooove Hibiscus so much, but almost no one sells it any more. :(

vruitallflavors.
    I also like the "VRUIT" juices, which is a fruit and vegetable juice blend. No one sells this brand either. :(

Both hibiscus and Vruit juices used to be popular health drink in the 90's and 00's, so now that Coconut Water and Pomergrante juice are popular, no sells the ones I like. :confused:

7. redheadrebecca

redheadrebeccaNew Member

Threads:
    These flavors remind me of the really unique combinations at Tropical Smoothie Cafe- my absolute favorite is strawberry peach banana, but they have some really cool flavors! I've just recently started going there a lot and it is so yummy. They have coupons/text alert deals all the time, plus if you bring in your reusable cup (they sell them for like $2), you get 50 cents off every purchase. The price of the cup has already made up for itself :)

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen or heard of tamarind juice products anywhere. I see pomegranate purees in health shops but not as flavors in tetra pack juices. Oh, how about dragon fruit or kiwi? I know dragon fruit doesn't have such a strong taste but it would be great to see it as one of the regular tetra pack juice flavors. Kiwi fruit isn't that bad but hardly anyone considers it as a competent juice flavor.

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure how rare it is, but there's Aloe Vera juice drinks. I haven't had them myself, but friend who did says it's really good and refreshing. And then there's always the dreaded tomato juice...