Let Go App- More Like Let Your Stuff Go For Nothing!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by LilyRaven • Mar 14, 2016.

1. LilyRaven

LilyRavenNew Member

Threads:
    I have used the Let Go app to sell things from my home and let me tell you, it was the worst experience I have ever had. The people seem to think they can get your items for little to nothing. I had a brand new king sized pillow top Serta mattress that people wanted to give me $40 for and it was ridiculous. I think this app is more like an online flea market and to be honest, I wouldn't recommend anyone selling anything of high value on this thing. I would go back to eBay or Amazon before I sell anything else on that app. Anyone else have experience with it?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have not used it so I do not have any first hand experience with this app. I am usually not one that tries things out without learning from other users how things are with it. I am glad that you have shared you story with us, so I will probably not try this app out. People definitely try to get something for nothing. I figure that they can go buy it new if they do not want to buy it at a reasonable price used. Sorry that this app did not work out for you.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it out, but I can say that this attitude seems more prevalent these days. I was selling some items via local Facebook groups, and the types of buyers sometimes vary by group. The ones that you mention seem to frequent the 'online yard sale/online flea market' type of sales groups, rather than 'For Sale in ___', so perhaps they also tend to gravitate to particular apps.

I think there are just more people looking to score deals these days, and they don't care how they treat sellers. I call it the China Effect. They expect to pay pennies on the dollar for something, regardless of its value, because they're used to paying very little for goods made in China. As someone who sells American made goods, it's very difficult to compete in that market. I had hoped that LetGo would be a decent app. I've tried several, and always end up deleting the apps for this reason.

4. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure a lot of apps like that are designed for people who are desperate to get rid of items as well as people who are looking for things at rock bottom. It's like the Facebook yardsale groups.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No I haven't used any app yet to sell my items, but for sure if the buyers want to haggle to death then I won't let them have it! I have sold an item before online using a free classified ads website, and the transaction went smoothly.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many people often assume that if someone is selling a pre-owned item, they probably are desperate to get it off their hands which is why they expect it to be very cheap. Haven't use that app but if I wanted to sell some of my stuff, I'd probably place an ad in a local paper or list what I want to sell on the many sites where one can sell their used stuff.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing your experience with this, I was curious to know more about how their platform worked. I'm assuming that Let Go takes some sort of sellers fee or commission for each sale, similar to eBay? If so, would you mind sharing what it is?

I think there also may be some consumer confusion, in an age with penny auction sites like Quibids, as well as programs such as Freecycle, where people are literally just giving stuff away for free. Even sites like eBay have conditioned people to think they can just come in with a low balling bid and keep their fingers crossed that they will win the item.

8. Dina247

Dina247New Member

Threads:
    I've used the Let go app with much success. Yes, there are people who are going to low ball you, but that's the great part of their chat function, you can just decline the offer. Only accept what you want. Someone will pay what you're asking.

9. jough

joughNew Member

Threads:
    I have also found that the Letgo app is full of bottom dwellers and low ballers....wanting everything for nothing...A little trick I use.....price the item more than what you are willing to let it go for, that way they feel like they are getting a deal .

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I never use any buy and sell app on my phone, I'd rather go to Ebay or Olx for that. You can price the item whichever you want and you can simply ignore the hagglers. I don't want to download a selling app, since more people browse the selling websites rather than the selling apps.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I need something like this, and I am not sure if it is the only one out there but just knowing how much stuff I have I know that it would be a good idea. I can see myself getting some good earning here, but I guess we shall see.

12. babyishcare

babyishcareNew Member

Threads:
    I think the Letgo idea is pretty cool but the platform needs work. I have an item up for sale and received a couple of messages from potential buys that were hours old by the time I got them. There is some kind of \”lag time glitch\” with the chat feature. Its hard to tell if this is a constant issue or what. It did leave me frustrated because I think both buyers moved on thinking I was not responsive.

13. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    E-bay and Amazon are much larger companies and there is a much larger amount of choice for various products. I haven't heard of the Let Go App so I haven't tried it at all. I think that I know the value of something so if someone offered me a ridiculously low price I would just not sell it to them. The problem is wasting time trying to sell it on a place where people think the products should be cheap.

14. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I feel like this actually happens a lot. Even on the Facebook Marketplace where you can list items to people in your local area, people try to get bargains for items that would normally sell for a lot on a site like Gumtree or eBay. And if you don't give it for their price, they won't buy it. Most of these "sell to local people" apps/sites have people that try to buy at rock bottom prices in my opinion so avoid them.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have had my eye on this one for a while now and I think in my subconscious I have been slowly gathering things to unleash. I have so much used stuff that I might be able to make this one work.

16. HeavyD

HeavyDNew Member

Threads:
    What's really sad is when people think that they can get full retail price on something like a used mattress. If you buy used furniture expect bed bugs to be thrown in there for free. Also, learn how to negotiate, you rarely ever get your asking price so don't start a little higher but not so high that it's rediculous.

17. Razarr69

Razarr69New Member

Threads:
    Seriously? How have you people NOT mentioned craigslist? It's in every city (at least 'big cities'), has been around for ever, and gets great responses. Sure people are going to try to talk you down, but they are going to do that on pretty much any direct selling platform if they have the option. Just ignore the fool that offers you $25 for whatever you posted at $250. But also, don't post at retail prices either. Selling used, you know you are only going to get low ball prices. Ever tried going to a pawn shop to sell stuff? Talk about being low balled. Anyway, try craigslist. I'm about to repost all my craigslist stuff on LetGo since my wife and mother-in-law are just convinced that is what people are using to sell things since we are always seeing their ads on TV. I'll try to post back and let you know if I get better response there.

18. Sharin Peters

Sharin PetersNew Member

Threads:
    I totally agree! I have been using Letgo, Offer Up and Craigslist for some time and speaking from actual experience I must say I love these sites! Like with everything there are good things n bad. That is nature. Who doesn't want to get a good deal? Anyone??? I'd rather build a relationship with a local seller and be able to keep them I'm mind for future deals that come across. I've met some of my dearest friends on Letgo and other sites like this. That's one of the things I love about this app. Getting to know your fellow community members brings people closer. But like some of you have mentioned, price it a little higher than what you want and people feel like there getting a deal so it's a win win. Besides that's half the fun when you barter n trade for items too. It's all in the attitude of the people. But there's at least one in ever crowd who has to complain. Nobody is MAKING you take a price your not comfortable with. All I can say is don't be a"Sheeple" people. Try it for yourself or you could be missing out on a good thing by listening to the nit picky complaints of an overly sensitive, unsuccesful mattress salesman. It shouldn't hurt to ask and you don't get what don't ask for. So be yourself, everyone else is taken.

19. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not familiar with the app but I've been in sales for more than 5 years and sure there's a lot of people who want something for nothing. I know people wish to save a lot when it comes to buying and shopping any items but low balling is really annoying. In my experience, it doesn't matter which selling platform you use because there will always be people like this.

20. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    I have used this app briefly like 5 or 6 months ago, and i have to admit it's definitely unique and has an interesting approach to sells.