Let's Compliment Great Customer Service

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mtgirl • Sep 28, 2012.

1. mtgirl

mtgirlNew Member

Threads:
    I wanted to start a thread in support of the stores/sites that have superb customer service! We've all heard that unsatisfied customers tell more people about their bad experiences than satisfied customers. So, let's turn the tables and tell others about your great experiences that you've had lately.

2. mtgirl

mtgirlNew Member

Threads:
    I'll get the ball rolling. My pick is Lands End. I ordered some kids clothing this week and then received an email promotion offering 30% off. I feel like this always happens to me. I order from a site, then get an email with a discount. I'm sure it's a marketing tactic to encourage me to buy more. However, this time I engaged their live chat representative and asked if she would credit me back the 30% since I just placed the order. Guess what? She did exactly that and credited $24 back to my card. I told her that with that kind of attention to customer service, I would be shopping at Lands End even more!

3. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    Well, the obvious choice for me is Amazon. They have been quick to respond to and correct any problem I've ever had with an order. Often, I have gotten an extra credit above and beyond the cost of the problem order. And they are extremely nice. But, I also want to make a pitch for a smaller, lesser known company called Kitty Wireless. They sell phone service and phones for my provider, Page Plus. They have always been quick and helpful getting a phone activated or a number transferred and different technical problems that come up. They are very knowledgeable and their prices are great!

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say Walmart.com. I ordered a comforter set on Walmart.com in a cool teenage design for my daughter.
    3 days later I went on the site to check the order status and I noticed the price had gone down by $10 because of a Rollback. I emailed customer service and they made an adjustment and credited the $10 difference back to my debit card. Some retailers wouldn't have adjusted the price on an order just because the item went on sale during order processing, so I thought that was cool of them.

5. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    We don't eat out often, but Chick-Fil-A has always provided us with great service. Our meals are always hot and served with a smile. We are greeted as soon as we walk in and our local restaurant is always clean, even during the lunch hour rush. When we are travelling, this is our fast food preference.

6. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I would say Publix. It's only in the Southeast (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina), but it's my favorite grocery store. They always have great buy one get one free sales, but otherwise their prices can be a bit high. That said, the people who work there are always really nice and the management goes above and beyond to help customers. I even had one jump my car off one day when I killed my battery by leaving my lights on while I shopped. :)

7. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I would second Publix. I've never had a bad experience there and that's pretty rare in Tampa, where the customer service overall is not very good. At some places it's amazing the workers can keep their jobs. But Publix is always well staffed, they have friendly customer service in all departments, and they will help you out to your car with your groceries. It's my favorite place to shop at for groceries.

8. cheesecake

cheesecakeMember

Threads:
    I would also have to say Amazon. I got the student discounted version with Amazon Prime and it is so awesome. I always get my stuff within two days with the free shipping. It's never late. They also have low prices on textbooks compared with the bookstore. I got a book for $0.40 with shipping that was $17 at my local bookstore. Anything with prime enabled always comes on time and with a good price. I haven't used individual sellers a whole lot unless if they have fulfillment by Amazon but I'm sure that would be great too.

9. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Amazon is pretty great. And although not too many people agree with me and my cell phone reception is not the best, T-Mobile CS is excellent. I've been with them for over 7 years and any time I've had a problem they've fixed it and are always to cheerful and polite about it. They treat you like a person and don't rush the call.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to agree that the service received at Chick-Fil-A is the best at fast food places. I have stopped going to most fast food places because the service is bad with very rude people to assist you. But our local Chick-Fil-A is also quick ad friendly.

11. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to say diapers.com. I've always had a great experience with them. I've gotta help via phone and email, and they're always as nice as can be. I had one product that wasn't quite what I was expecting. I asked about a return and they not only refunded the money but let me keep the product.
    I like this post idea. It's nice to remember we have good experiences sometimes.

12. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I think Amazon provides great customer service. I have never had an issue a representative could not solve and they always do so politely.

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Threadless, which is a T-shirts store. Their customer support is always friendly. When one of my orders, for which I had paid $90 for (yup, 90 bucks in T-shirts!) got lost along the way, thanks to my post office most likely, they refunded me and gave me a discount coupon as an apology. That definitely made me want to buy from them again despite my first negative experience. The next time, I got my T-shirt, and it's great! :)

14. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I recently bought a nappy cake for my friend who is due to have a baby girl next week and the service I received from the website (nappidays.co.uk) was second to none. Not only that but the price was really good for the quality of the products I received - I still can't believe it.

15. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I can't think of any right off hand right now. I always thank the people profusely and tell them how much I appreciate that they were kind and helpful. It's really important to me for them to know they did a great job.

16. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    Fingerhut.com is very good, they respond to your complaint, take item charge off of your bill, if you are not satisfied. I appreciate the attention to my complaints. By the way, great idea for a thread.

17. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    Targets customer service is amazing! They always help me out with my problems and they are super fast and don't keep you on hold.

18. Aquila

AquilaBanned

Threads:
    Sometimes they company do hire staff which isn't really worth it i mean because its a very certain point of view being aware of all the basics can help us for sure and that is the way how it is,We should definitely be working on the basics for a thing and complaint management system can help them with improvements.

19. kal30314

kal30314New Member

Threads:
    My superb customer service happen to me on (07/30/2014). For some reason I forgot my password & security answers. So I call the blackandmild 1-800 number. To make the story short, customer rep was too nice. I told her if I knew of a website only for good customer services I would have recommend her. I tried to send an email throw the blackandmild website but no contact on there. So I will be writing a personal letter to say how much she made my day. I have not heard of customer services like that in a while. I wish she would have said her name or some type of ID. The only thing I have is the time when we talked. I hope when I write this letter that the company will let her no & maybe give her a little raise or something.

20. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that most-often it's not 'company-policy' to give bad customer-service :p Bad customer-service people are just average ones that aren't having their best day. Companies can 'insure' good customer-service with some on-the-job education. The main thing for customer-service to remember is that 'you're all on the same team'---it's not 'employees vs. customers.'

As customers, we ought to remember that too (and maybe help the employees remember it).