Let's talk about 'color'...

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by MrsJones • Dec 8, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know. But sometimes I am so pushed for time, or I'm just not in the mood to strip down, and I just end up buying an item - or items - of clothing without trying them on. It always annoys me when I get home and it doesn't sit right on my body, but by then I have no one to blame but myself lol. I have never thought about it like that. I will have to take note of the brands that compliment my body and see if more of their clothes compliment my body. Thanks for the tip ;)

2. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I would do this all the time, but instead of returning the piece, it would just sit in my closet. I usually have the outfit in my mind and I would sometimes be off by a couple of hues. I never return it because I think I will eventually find some use for it. If I bought a piece of clothing that I felt fit me really well, or one that I thought would fit me a certain way but ends up being not what I thought it would be, then that's when I would return it. Returning something feels like such a hassle that I don't do it unless it is absolutely needed. I save a lot of time and headache that way.

3. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Two main factors that I attribute to what I want to wear in color: practicality and symbolic expression. I wear darker colors most of the time so if I spill or drop food on my clothing,m it doesn't show up as easily and I won't have to be bothered with changing my clothes. The clothes I wear also reflect my moderate mood that day, and expresses how I want to be seen by others and what they feel from me - I don't much like brightly colored clothes that is not white or gray. Also, color helps in hiding one's mass in contrast to the environment e.g. black suit makes me appear skinnier while a white suit makes me more massive.

4. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah that happens from time to time. I'm not a huge fan of shopping in a busy mall when it's particularly hectic. I do a lot of my shopping at online retailers nowadays, and will make a trip to the mall specifically to try on some things I've picked out online in order to confirm sizing. It works out pretty well because it's usually just a quick in and out trip without a ton of browsing and stuff. Might work for you too.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I get this way sometimes too. I like certain colors but no matter how much I like them they just don't look that good on me. Semi times I'll force it and buy the clothes anyway but eventually it will turn out to be not as good as other colors which is kind of a bummer but now I have just learned to incorporate it as a minor role in my daily wardrobe instead.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Luckily, my favorite color is red, and it goes nicely with my eyes and my skin tone. In fact, I can't really think of any particular colors that don't go well with my skin or my eyes, so I guess I am lucky in that regard. As for shopping online for clothes, I rarely do so. It is bad enough - as far as getting clothes to compliment my frame - going out to shops and actually getting to see the clothes in person. Never mind me ordering off of the internet, when the only reference that I have to go off of is a picture. Sometimes you only get one picture, or the picture is too small. If I do order anything off of the internet, it'll be hats.

7. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    I have always tried avoiding buying anything gray because this color tends to make my face look older and more tired. Neon colors do not help, either. However, I was able to discover (through a sale in one of my favorite shops) that if I actually mixed both gray and any neon color as both my tops (one as a tank top and the other as an over-sized shirt over it) matched with dark-colored pants, I looked younger and more energetic. I guess checking out items on sale even if they are colors you don't particularly like is worth the try, from time to time. It lets you discover and learn more about your personality and taste.