Let's Talk About Dollar Tree

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Jun 7, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have noticed in the past, that I think one of the ways Dollar Tree makes money is that some of the items they sell are worth more than a dollar where others are less. For instance some of their vegetables may be a 1.00 whereas a smart shopper can get them for less elsewhere. Now, most of their items I do think are good values. for instance I always buy their garlic bread because you will not find that for a dollar anywhere else, sunglasses, kitchen items, crafts etc. What have you seen at Dollar Tree that has been an exceptionally good value,,,and some not so much?

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I think dollar stores are becoming more of a joke nowadays as it seems like most of their inventory is becoming more than a dollar. For instance, the vitamins are obviously not the same price. Nonetheless, though, I could be exaggerating and I think most of the typical Dollar Store stuff is indeed one dollar.

Anyhow, if some products are being sold for a dollar when they're worth less, then obviously, that's a sort of fraud - don't you think? ;)

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    There is a Dollar Tree where I live and I think everything in the store is a dollar or less per item. I stop in there sometimes when I am low on cash and need something right away, but most of the time, I avoid the place because most of the items are cheaply made. I would rather spend more money and get something that is going to last me a lot longer. I have noticed that a lot of the items are in smaller packages so that they can get away with only charging a dollar. It is a great place to buy stocking stuffers and holiday things. I also buy some reusable plastic ware there because Rubbermaid costs a fortune for how much you get when you buy these things at a mass retailer.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes,they(Dollar Tree)are pretty good on some things-because everything in the store near me is still a dollar. Some of the products they sell are ok like Natures Own wheat bread and the strawberry preserves are really a great deal for a dollar as well. The corn chips taste pretty good and also the the cologne and toiletries are not bad either.

5. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    You are right sometimes I find items at the dollar stores that are a bit cheaper in other store. It all comes down to being careful and looking around sometimes. For example headphones and batteries may be cheaper but last way too little time. But I do think that their kitchen ware and stationary are of great value.