Lg Or Samsung Phones?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Working Buck • Oct 15, 2016.

1. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I have used both for passed years. And as I have observed with the latest phones that both company released, LG can compete with other brands. In my own opinion, Samsung just sells it's name to consumers nowadays. I have observed that their units cost way a lot than units of the same specs made by LG. That's why me and my wife prefer using LG phones. How about you?

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, I have used both I am currently using LG G3 as my my phone and a MI Note as an additional one but my last phone was a Samsung note 4. I think all these phones have not much of a difference. You would be surprised that MI with better specification is way to cheaper than LG and Samsung both.

3. Working Buck

Threads:
    I have heard of MI but have not used it before. And i would agree qbout what you said, most phones now though they are upgraded than the last one before it are just upgraded a bit. The real upgrade thwt I se is the price tag attached to it.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    MI is one of the largest Chinese phone manufacturing company which was supplying phones to various brands but MI decided to launch phones with its own brand name and now is a leading brand. MI is giving a stiff competition to big brands with better specs and lesser price.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no experience with LG so I cannot make a comparison. However, the Samsung SIII that I have been using has an issue with the overheating screen. Sometimes it's too hot that the screen is like a hotplate. And I believe that when it heats up like that, the battery is drained easily because a full charge could only last for a maximum of 2 hours when used continuously. And if LG does not have that issue on overheating screen then I guess it has a one up over Samsung.. provided they are on even footing when it comes to price.

PS. If you have heard of the recall of the Samsung 7 which battery has the tendency to explode, that is a big blackeye to Samsung.

6. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Samsung galaxy s6, and I'm satisfied with the performance. About LG, though personally I never have used but have closely seen a few models as some of my other family members use them. As I haven't used myself, so it would be unfair to make a comparison here. But I really do like some of the features of my Samsung mobile, which is missing there in the LG models. Given a choice, I guess, I would go for Samsung sets over and over again.

7. Working Buck

Threads:
    Is it same with Xiaomi? I heard they ha great phones too. They do quite have a slight issue about the battery getting hot while playing high definition games. But I heard they cost a little cheaper than other brands.

About the heating issue, It does have quite an issue like that but not to the point it would heat a lot. Just normal kind of heating due to using the phone for playing games for long hours. So I do not take it as a big issue of the phone since other phones heat a lot compared to LG based on my experience though.

#7Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  8. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I've also used both LG and Samsung phones in the past, and while I understand why people might think that Samsung are just relying on their brand name to sell phones, I personally think that they ARE actually the best devices that you can buy at the moment.

Maybe not when it comes to the software and apps available, as all Android phones are the same from that perspective, but for build quality alone I always found that Samsung devices seemed a lot sturdier. I've dropped a Samsung device in the past and it's survived without a scratch on it. If I'd have done that with an LG phone, I'd have still been glueing it back together!

9. Working Buck

Threads:
    The exact opposite happened to me and my wife though. I've dropped my LG phone for a lot of times since I had it. It just has a rubber case on. Still is in good condition, minimal scratches on it. My wife dropped her Samsung S3 twice. The second time was the reason she switched to LG. Maybe it still depends.

10. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    People can only speak about their own experiences though and recommend a product based on their own experience. For example I've also had iPhone's in the past and they are notoriously bad for breaking but I've dropped them a few times and mine have always been fine, not even a cracked screen, so I guess you're right and it does depend from one device to the next.

If I had to make a choice between LG and Samsung, I'd go with the Samsung. In fact I did, and when my contract was up I made the switch from LG to a Samsung device and I'm glad I did. Since then I've moved on to HTC and I think they are better than both LG and Samsung put together, but that's a story for another thread, haha!

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer LG to Samsung phones. I had a bad experience with a Samsung electronics I bought sometime ago. It was a twenty one inch TV. I used it for just two days and it started giving me problems I had to quickly return it back to the seller. I was given an LG TV of same length and size in replacement. I didn't experience any problem with LG and up till now I am still enjoying it. This is one main reason I prefer going for LG products whether in phones or other electronics.

12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    XIOMI is MI as you can see the last two alphabets are symbol (MI) They are doing well in the Asian markets.

13. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never used LG, so can't comment on its performance. I am a Samsung user. I have always used Samsung. They have nice products. I trust the brand and feel comfortable using its products. I have Samsung TV, Refrigerator, AC etc. They are good.

14. Working Buck

Threads:
    Ah yes. HTC produces good quality devices too. Let's save that for another thread haha. And about apple products, I do think they are great but they cost an arm or a leg for me.

I see. These phones began to grow big because of mobile gamers looking for cheaper alternatives than the big named manufacturers. MI cost cheaper but with the same performance. And sometimes has much nicer hardware than their competitors have.

#14Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
  15. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Samsung and LG feature phones and I can attest to the fact that both are quality products in terms of functionality as well as durability. For instance, their batteries last longer and they can withstand the wear and tear as well as the shocks of everyday life. However, I would give LG an edge since there are few counterfeit versions of the same. However, these benefits have a cost imperative which is not a bad thing.

16. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    On the off chance that you take a gander at the specs, Samsung has been known for pushing the cutoff points. Their System gadgets have quite often had a portion of the best specs available when presented. I believe it's truly protected to say that Samsung offers "better" equipment in that it's all the more capable.

Past that however, with regards to equipment outline, manufacture quality, UI, and some of those more elusive qualities, which one is "better" can be simply a matter of inclination.

17. Aykacia

AykaciaNew Member

Threads:
    I have never been a big fan of my phone being smart; even though, I am majoring in Computer Science. I prefer to stick with the average flip phones that perform the basic features I need, which are calling, texting, and taking pictures of my children.

Yet, I have had the pleasure of using both Samsung and LG, and from my personal experience I find that both are reliable for my basic needs when it comes to performance. However, the only difference I notice is that you are paying way more for the Samsung name, and from my personal experience; Samsung phones are not built to last forcing the consumer to purchase a replacement.

On the other hand, my LG phone has been through a lot. It has been dropped so many times that I have lost count, my baby has used it as a chew toy, and on numerous occasions it has been the added ingredient in rain puddles; yet, after nine years it is still working as perfect as day one. As you stated, "LG can compete with other brands."

I am definitely a LG customer for life, it is cheaper and built to last longer, in my opinion.

18. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Until recently I had yet to hear anything bad about Samsung, and I have been a loyal customer of their for some time. That said, the news we all know is pretty bad, so I am not really sure what to make of that. Mine still works, and I have no complaints, but I am not sure what that means going forward.

19. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using LG phones ever since and I truly love it! Yes I've also tried using Samsung and it's also pretty cool however, there are some things that I like about LG Smartphones which I can't explain to be honest. I just love it's features like the 2 windows function, as well as the mini window and the mini screen. And LG phones are a bit inexpensive than Samsung phones and Apple.