Library Book Sales

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Deeishere • Jul 27, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I love to buy books at the local library doing their book sales. They use this as a fundraiser and you can get books for as low as .25 cents. Some of my favorite author's books can cost as much at $11-25 but at a library sale, I can get it dirt cheap. Do you buy books at the library? They will normally have the event listed on their site.

2. PieFriday

PieFridayNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love when my local library has a sale! The prices are pretty nearly unbeatable, and you can find some very popular titles as well as ones you might never have found out about otherwise -- and all for a good cause too. In a similar way, I enjoy going to thrift stores around town and browsing their book sections, or even going to garage sales to see what I can pick up. I'm a shameless book hoarder, and have about 10 boxes in my garage full of books I have yet to read, due to awesome prices like these events provide. :p

3. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I wished there were more libraries in the place where I live. The few that exist, guard their books very well and would't think of selling them until they are almost falling apart. Generally speaking, libraries are disappearing slowly as most paper books are now available as e-books. But I am one of those people who will never get used to electronic books. I can't stand reading any kind of text for a long time on my tablet. I rather order second hand books from e-bay, amazon and other sites that sell cheap and high quality books.

4. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    I am a lot like you. I have got so many books (especially the free book giveaway) that I forgot I owned. LOL. I just need to take the time to read them. With all the gadgets we have and e-books, I get lazy and just depend on my book apps to read books. I also read so much online that I don't take the time to read the many books I have laying around. It's always nice to meet another book hoarder. ;)

5. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I wish we had this kind of library book sales here in my home country, otherwise I would certainly go to the library sales. I am a book lover, therefore, when there is book exhibition and book sale in my town,I don't miss it. I not only visit the book sales, but also buy books.

6. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Whenever our library sells books, I look through them as their is such a variety. Usually I am able to find a few paperbacks that look appealing.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :)Me too I love library book sales...we get our big one annually at a high school in the middle of Honolulu,

in the summer time! I find books, cds and dvds to enjoy! Great fun and prices especially the last day prices are very slashed! Once I saw a set of Ellerqueen, hardcover books in a box on sale for a song, but I ride a bus and couldn't buy it!:(

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a few books for a couple of cents and sell them for about 1 dollar each or more. I end up selling all of them or keeping a few I'm interested in. I always keep the horror books; those are my favorites and same with adventure or people stranded on an island.