Libreoffice Vs Microsoft Office?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by haivu721vn • Dec 6, 2016.

1. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    I think LibreOffice can do almost everything MS Office can do, or even more. However MS Office is too expensive while LibreOffice is free. I've heard LibreOffice can also edit any file made with Microsoft Office without any compatibility problems. So what is the point of using MS Office now? Why is many people still using it?

2. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard positive reviews about Libre office. However, I have never used this program. I use Ms Office. I am using Ms Office becuase I got is for free as promotional offer from the seller when I bought from the local store. If I had to pay for the program I would have definitely used libre office.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wife works in a big bank and their official software for word processing and spreadsheets is Libreoffice. She says that it is easy to adapt when you are well-versed with MS Office. But since I have a licensed copy of MS Office so I do not shift to Libre. However, when I buy a new laptop it would be Libreoffice.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I heard about LibreOffice when I was looking for something to use on my laptop since MS Office is quite expensive. I've read some good reviews about it however they say that the developers had recently stopped supporting and developing the product so there can be some issues in the near future while using it. I'm not sure about it though. So instead of downloading it, I just used WPS since I've tried using it for a long time and I had no problems with it :)

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Sheesh. Why didn't I know about this sooner? It sounds like a great alternative and especially the free part. I've been using notepad to write my stories and now, I can finally write it on the correct platform. Also, I think there are free alternatives to everything such as GIMP instead of the expensive photoshop. They're basically the same.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I do not have much experience with the Libreoffice suites, but I have heard some good things about them and if they can be a good alternative, that is really all anyone is asking for. Makes for some quick savings too.

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Libreoffice is free and it is one good app as an alternative to the Word office suite. And you can see that Microsoft office being paid, it's good to use the libreoffice. And you can have business around this type of the setup. I personally feel that we should use what's free. And we can pay for support system. This way it can be easy to teach each other the product and the get more people to use it.

8. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    I have used microsoft office all my life and it is definitely the best. I have never used Libreoffice. I have heard that libreoffice is free and will surely try it out. My hands are set to Microsoft Office interface, so getting adjusted to another software will take some time. I will definitely watch youtube videos of it and try it out in the future.