Lip Balm

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Tinee • Aug 14, 2012.

1. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I hate it when my lips get chapped and dried out. I keep myself hydrated, I drink 2L or more of water everyday but there are just some days when my lips don't cooperate. So I use lip balm. My favorite as of now is Maybelline's Baby Lips in Mint.

How about you, guys and girls? Do you like lip balm and what's your favorite? :)

2. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I use lip balm containing SPF because it protects my lips from the sun. Generally I try to use organic lip balms because they are well worth the price and last a long time.

3. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Err... my favourite is whatever my girlfriend decides to put on me. I don't buy my own so my when my lips get chapped or dry, I am at the mercy of her selection. From recent memory, I have done flavorless, and bubblegum. I liked bubblegum flavour the best.

Lip Balm in general though... makes my lips feel weird... and uncomfortable. I'd rather not have it on.

4. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I use lip balm all year long. Really, I do to have a favorite. Generally I buy a package that my daughter wants that contains multiple tubes, and we share them. She picks out the ones she wants and I get whatever is left over.

5. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I usually tend to go with gloss personally. Lip Balm always disappears so quickly for me and my gloss stays on for hours on end! Maybe I just haven't found the perfect Lip Balm yet!

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Nivea lip balm. It keeps my lips nice and moist. But my favorite lip product is lipstick. I feel naked if I'm not wearing lipstick.

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I use Blistex. I prefer the medicated one, but they have a variety of lip balms available for purchase now. Blistex is the only lip balm that works for me, most of the other lip balm I am allergic to.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I absolutely love lip-balm. Nowadays we make our own, it is pretty simple. The only base ingredients needed are: coconut oil, beeswax and/honey. You can add other ingredients like berries in order to give it a color but it really protects and moistens the lips...you can add essential oils too. There are many great recipes online.

When I had to purchase, I chose organic...as some of the ingredients in some lip-balms are questionable.

9. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I am usually take it or leave it with lipbalm, but I have recently discovered Baby Lips by Maybelline and I have fallen in love. It is by far the best lip balm available today, it has SPF in it, has cute colours, is the perfect size, and smells delicious. It leaves my lips feeling so soft.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I find that chapstick is good enough for me. Chapstick or Nivea. I'm not really that picky about it. In fact, plain old vaseline is fine.

11. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I use Vaseline. It's the absolute best for me. If I don't have that on hand, then I'll use chapstick of some sort, but it doesn't seem to last nearly as long and I have to keep putting more on.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Maybeline lip balms are amazing and I like the ones with colors as well! Chapstick is still my number favorite though. Nivea also has a great lip balm line! What can I say, I'm a fan of this type of product!

13. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    I absolutely love lip-balm. I prefer using the one which has some SPF value as I feel its not only our skin but also the lips that gets effected by the sun rays. In fact I think they are more sensitive as the skin tissues are softer. Currently I am using lip balm from the Body Shop. They have a slight color & its add to my look. I don't need to bother to apply the lipstick them. Lip Balm is one thing that I always carry in my bag.

14. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I always have to use lip balm several times a day. It doesn't matter how much water I drink or lip balm I've tried using, my lips are always dry. And I drink 8 glasses of water a day, more if I exercise. I always use Bonnie Bell's lip smackers. I feel like a kid shopping for it, but it's been the best for me. When I tried other products, they irritated my lips and was worse than no lip balm at all. The other one that has worked is Rosebud Perfume Co.'s Rosebud Salve in the original formula. I bought it from Sephora, not sure where else you can buy it? It's more expensive and it comes in a tin. I find that I don't use it hardly at all because the tin is just not convenient.

15. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    It's true that a beautiful smile is important to capture the sympathy of others, but also to improve self-esteem. However, if your lips are dry and cracked image of ourselves that we offer is unattractive, while painful. I've tried different brands, but the product that I liked is of Nivea. Anyway, we have to accompany the use of these products with other actions. Drink lots of water and stay hydrated. Hydration is the best way to keep lips moist and soft skin. The cucumber slices are also very useful in these cases. Rub them against dry, chapped lips and end up healing them. Taking care of our lips is important: in winter, the cold can damage them, while in the summer suffer from exposure to the sun.