Lipstick as cheek color

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Aug 23, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I am traveling I like to use multi-purpose products. One of my favorites is using a lipstick as cream cheek color. Dab three dots on the cheekbone and blend in. It is also a good way to use up lipsticks you may be a bit tired of without wasting them. Apply after foundation or concealer, it can lighten your make up bag and also gives you a variety of looks.
    A good way is to use it as a base color, like a pink, peach or a brown and then top with a bronzing or cheek color powder for a more dramatic look.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    This is a great idea and also a way to save money. I tried it once, just for fun, and it didn't translate well for me. Perhaps the finish of the lipstick was too matte but I found I wasn't able to blend it that well. I like using the balms made specifically for lips and cheeks, Josie Maran makes one I think.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mother used to do this when I was a kid. I tried it when I started wearing makeup. I didn't like the results. I just use regular makeup made for cheeks.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have done that before in a pinch. But what I have done more recently when traveling is used my brown eye shadow as a blush. I tend to have browns in my eye shadow, lipsticks and blushes as opposed to reds, so they blend in nicely together and fit more naturally on my skin. Many of my lipsticks are too glossy to spread on my cheeks but the eye shadow goes on nicely.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have done this especially during times when I forgot to bring my cheek tint. I often use pink and nude lipsticks anyway. These blend well with my skin tone. I have also seen several videos on YouTube that teaches viewers how to make a DIY cream blush using lipsticks and natural oils. I think this is a great solution for those who have spare and unwanted lipsticks in your cosmetic drawer. Just be careful not to use the expired ones, of course. :)

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard a lot about lipstick being used as cheek color. In our place many people used to do this in the earlier times. However, nowadays the trend has reduced quite a lot. People used it as a cheek color during those days when cheek tint were not available.
    Personally, I feel that cheek color should not be given from lipstick as it does not blend well into the skin. One can easily make out whether the cheek color is obtained from lipstick or other makeup. Cheek tint l make your skin look more natural.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a good tip, but as someone mentioned in a reply, matte colors don't blend in very well and if you use a matte and dry lipstick it will not look good as you will have marks where you dabbed the lipstick on your cheeks. It's important to use a creamier lipstick for that! There are also brands that have multipurpose products made for use both on cheeks and lips, like the Benefit lip and cheek stains (poise Tint is the prettiest for me), Stila has those too, Bobbie Brown pot rouges and also MAC cream color bases.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess as I used to be a make up artist, I know how to blend a little more and how to mix colors. One can always improvise and add some moisturizer to a lipstick. I often blend colors together from old tubes and make up a palette. Essentially the multi-purpose sticks are large lipsticks that are a little creamier and dewy, but the color is not always as intense. I sometimes get bored of a lipstick so rather than throw it out, I mix it with another.

9. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard of people doing that, and in fact I used to do that myself when I was more into wearing makeup. I think its an easy way to make your lipstick more versatile or to use when you don't have blush to use.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used my lipstick to color my cheeks when I have left the cheek blush at home and would like to add some color. I think this is a good way to use up lipstick that you get tired of and a great way to make a new color would be to blend several old tubes of color together.

11. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I do this, in fact I don't own any blushers or cheek products. I don't wear blush very often, and when I do I can use a little lipstick for that purpose. The reason I don't wear any cheek colors most of the time is I find the look to be very unnatural and a clear sign that I'm wearing makeup. I only wear it when I'm doing a full face of makeup because I know I'm going somewhere I might be photographed. The lipsticks I've used blend easy and much better than any powder. I hate powder blusher. Cheek tint looks like an interesting concept but I'm not willing to splurge on something I'm going to we wearing very little.