lipstick or lipgloss

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by melapie • Aug 17, 2012.

1. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I was never a fan of lipstick. Even when I was younger, I didn't like wearing it. I just feel that it changes my appearance drastically. lol But I do like wearing lip gloss, I like it because it gives a minimal change, just enough to enhance my lips.

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to wear lipstick all the time but only on stage, because it did change my appearance drastically. Back when I was in college and I'd have a slew of performances at the end of every semester I'd buy a new lipstick every six months or so, because I never used it once my performances were done and then I'd invariably lose the lipstick. Now I don't wear any makeup at all on stage, not even lip gloss.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I also prefer lip-gloss for so many reasons. I just find lipstick to be too full on. And with lip-gloss, one can put on just the right amount. Also, a little goes a long way! So, yes...lip-gloss for me too. In fact, I saw online that there are cool recipes to make your own...and it is so simple and cool to do.

4. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could just go out without any make up on. I just feel naked without it, and sometimes I feel that I look too pale without it that I don't want other people to see me without wearing any. Although, I'm now just using very minimal make-up. I use mascara and lip gloss, if I'm feeling a little bold I put on some eye shadow and some eye liner.

5. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I know what you mean. It's like I'm always too dressed up if I'm wearing lipstick. I would love to make my own lip gloss! I'd try and look for some recipes here myself. Thanks! :)

6. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer lip gloss to lipstick for the understated look. I also prefer it over chapstick to moisturize my lips. And some of the yummy flavors they come in make them almost edible :p

7. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Lipstick every time. I haven't found a lip gloss yet that doesn't feel really gooey and sticky on my lips, and the colour never lasts as long. It's therefore more economical to buy lipstick. I go for a good brand such as Revlon or Avon, and one lipstick will last for months. Also, if I want to match my lip colour with my nail enamel, lipstick colours are a closer match.

8. Nakhash

NakhashMember

Threads:
    I do both depending on the look I want to achieve. However, I do have one extra step. I find a lip pencil that matches closely with the lipstick or gloss and use it to not only line by lips but to color them in. It's longer lasting than either lipstick or gloss. Then if the lipstick of gloss fades or gets eaten off (whether from food/drink or because I'm always licking my lips) I still have some color. I can't wear long-lasting lipsticks, they dry out my lips and get blotchy.

9. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    I like a sheer tinted gloss best.

10. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Lipsticks can darken your lips due to the lead element that they contain. I stay away from them. I'd rather have lip gloss than lipsticks. But for me, lip balms would still be the best!

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love a nice matte lipstick. I really don't like lipgloss. I have full lips and I don't like the attention a shiny lipgloss gives. I want my lips to be noticed, but not because they are bright and shiny. Lipgloss also feels a bit oily and greasy to me too.

12. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    I prefer lip gloss. I've never been a fan of using lipstick. I don't like the lip gloss which is so shiny that you look like you've dipped your lips in shimmer. I love the fruity flavored lip gloss, strawberry being my favorite !!! :D

13. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    Well, let me start off by saying that yes, I am a guy and yes, I like to wear make-up. I wear lipstick if it's called for in a stage performance or when I'm dressing up in drag for fun. I find that a little bit of lipstick really helps sell the dress, wig, eye shadow and blush. However, if I'm just wearing make-up casually, I prefer to go with lip gloss. It's not quite as extreme.

14. Sibyl

SibylNew Member

Threads:
    I use both depending what kind of look I am going for. I prefer matte lipstick but it seems quite difficult to find it these days. If I wanted a little gloss, I'd just put a bit of light tinted gloss over my lipstick. I don't buy cheap lipgloss because they tend to be very sticky!

15. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Care to post a recipe? I'd love to know.

16. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I use both sometimes, not at the same time, of course. Normally, when I buy a tube of lipgloss, it's usually the light tint and not coloured ones.

I second this! I would love to know the recipe. It would be nice to make my own lipgloss... Imagine the amount of money one can save!

17. hellotina

hellotinaNew Member

Threads:
    Have you tried revlon's lip butter?

My go to for color. It's not TOO bold unless you want it to be. Doesn't have that crazy shine and goo that lipgloss leaves. Goes on like chapstick. I love it and cannot live without it. The range of colors provides a great palette for whatever your needs may be. I have it in almost every color, so whether I feel like having bright lips for a night out or just a subtle hint for every day use. ;)

18. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a fan lipsticks. They feel so dressy and grown-up to me. Also, I find that the expensive ones are the only ones worth having. I prefer lipgloss because you can buy one that comes on nicely and lasts long for a pretty good price. I haven't tried one drugstore lipstick that I was fond of. I am more fond of the department store lipsticks. One of my favorites is by MAC. They have the best nude colors. Other than nude lipsticks, I choose lipgloss all the time.

19. QueenPisces

QueenPiscesNew Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a lip gloss person, I've worn it since I was a little girl and I never forget to apply it before I leave my house. I've tried lipstick before, but only indoors to see how I look, Red and pink lipsticks are my favorite. However, I've never felt comfortable leaving my house with it on because I go out mostly in the daytime and those shades may be a little over dramatic for that time, also if I am eating or drinking I believe lipstick would definitely get in the way and I would probably end up having to reapply it each time which can be annoying, I may try it for a night out one day, but for now I'm pretty content with my light lip glosses.

20. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer lip gloss because lipstick looks horrible on my lips. I do not wear any makeup as well because it does not look good regardless of who puts it on and i'm allergic to every brand I have tried. I have a skin allergy so I'm allergic to a lot of cosmetic products. I've tried lipstick before and I looked like a clown wearing it (lol).