Liquid or mousse foundation

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mafdet • Mar 10, 2014.

1. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    Which one do you prefer? I like liquid more. Of course it depends on the brand, but I find that liquid foundations tend to last longer compared to mousse, which is harder for the skin to absorb.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually tend to prefer mousse BECAUSE the skin doesn't seem to absorb it as much. I feel like I don't end up breaking out as much and the coverage seems to be 'lighter', if that makes sense. It's almost sort of fluffy instead of being a heavy liquid that sees to soak in and cake on. Maybe that's more a difference in brand than the actual type. I'm not sure.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to have dryer skin, so liquid works best for me. I think you're right in that it lasts longer. I love the Loreal Infallible liquid foundation. It goes on so smooth and has the best coverage.

4. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    I guess it also depends how much foundation you use. I don't use much when applying, so I'm not really worried about it "cake-ing" on my face. The mousse becomes more like dust on my face and it tends to get stuck to clothes.

5. zestytomato

zestytomatoNew Member

Threads:
    I have combination skin, so I use liquid. I tried mousse once, but it felt a little too paste-like on my skin. I think it also depends on how much coverage you like.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This post should probably be on the Health and Beauty section... but I prefer liquid foundation! I find mousse foundations do all the wrong things for my skin... my skin is combination and mousse foundations I have tried emphasized the dry patches on my cheeks and made my T-zone really oily and shiny. I think liquid blends in way better at the skin, dries easier and has a better finish.