Liquid Or Solid Soap?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by JulianWilliams • Jan 27, 2015.

1. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer liquid soap. They are easy yo used and last long. I am a little bit messy with stuff and having a bar/solid soap is definitely a bad idea. I once have left my bar soap in the kitchen. Lol. Liquid soap is also gentle on skin.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use liquid soap way more often than the liquid one for the simple fact that it's way easier to use, it's more convenient. Sometimes I still use it to wash my hands, but that's pretty much it.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Would you guys categorize Vanish as a liquid soap?? I thought that we were originally talking about hand washes, in terms of solid soap and liquid soap. But this also ventures into soaps that will wash anything out, not just the germs on your hands. I find that Vanish sucks. It claims to make stains vanish but it hardly does anything like that.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think that bar soap is a lot cheaper and also lasts longer, however due to the fact that it is so messy, I have decided that I would much rather use liquid soap. It is much more pleasant for me to use, so that is what I choose to do. I often pick up free samples of bar soap and I will certainly use those, but I hate the way that it always leaves a white residue on the side of your sink or soap dish, meaning that you have to wipe around it several times per day. It can get a little annoying. However if I was trying to save more money than I am already doing, then I would certainly switch to bar soap because it is much more economical. With regards to which one is cleaner, I don't think that it really matters, as it is more about the action of the running water that cleans your hands rather than the soap itself, so this is still present whichever you use.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not only messy, but it's also not very higienic Gemma, I mean, if we are in the shower using it everyone in the house uses the same soap, so it's not very clever right?

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Solid soap lasts a lot longer. I generally prefer liquid soap though, because it doesn't dry out my skin nearly as much as a solid bar of soap would. I think really the soap cleans itself so hygiene wouldn't be that much of an issue.

7. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I stick with the bar soap simply because I've been making my own for years. You can make the liquid soap at home as well, but it requires a different form of lye--one I would have to purchase online. I'd just as soon keep getting what I buy locally and making my bar soap. Besides, I believe I really prefer the bars.:)

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like liquid soap to use as hand soap and solid soap for the shower.
    When we've used shower gel for baths, it seemed like we ran out of it pretty fast. Bar soap seems to last longer.