Live near an airport, stadium, etc - you could make some easy money

Discussion in Travel started by Denis Hard • Apr 9, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not easy to find a place to park your car if there's a sporting event in town or for some other reason there's a huge demand for parking space. This is where you come in. If you live near a stadium, an airport or a town where parking fees are too high, you can rent your driveway and make an easy $200 or more a month just letting people park their cars on your driveway.

Check out these sites if you're interested:

They are not the only ones though. Use Google to find others.

2. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    My friend considered doing this last year in our old house, but he never got around to it. I might have to look into it now though, since it'd be a nice little additional income, but I'm not sure it would work out so well considering you need a guest permit to park where I live, and that could be a bit of a pain to get for every new person coming along.

3. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, this is an awesome idea! I don't live anywhere near a stadium or airport but there are plenty of people that do. A little bit of additional income allowing someone to park there car in your driveway with security is nice. I may have to pass this information along to some family and friends. Thanks for sharing the info.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea! Do you know if you would need to have some sort of insurance in case of damage or injury? I know that in some states if you are outside of your vehicle, then a police officer is not able to arrest you for speeding. It was making me think that made the driveway private property. In some states a thief can actually sue the person they are robbing if they are injured in their home! So I am thinking a person would want to research and make sure they aren't liable for anything that happens to them in their parking lot. I have tried parking in big cities though and I would gladly pay to be closer without paying outrageous parking fees!

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds amazing. Too bad I don't have a driveway or live near an airport. I would totally jump on board if I could.

6. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea for those that live close to the airport, and stadiums. I know there are cities that require a permit for guess parking and usually it's only for a couple of days. It is a nice extra income to consider!

7. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Huh, I've never even thought of that. It's a pretty good idea and doesn't entail any hassle. Perfect for people with busy lifestyles. I'm going to try this out. Finally, I can get to experience what it's like being a landlord. Sort of.

8. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:

That is awesome! I know that during the Olympics in Canada people were doing this for ridiculous amounts of money. Because all hotels and motels were booked also I remember reading stories of residents charging tourists thousands of dollars to stay at their homes. I never would have thought the driveway renting could be feasible year round. Thanks for sharing.

9. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:

That is awesome! I know that during the Olympics in Canada people were doing this for ridiculous amounts of money. Because all hotels and motels were booked also I remember reading stories of residents charging tourists thousands of dollars to stay at their homes. I never would have thought the driveway renting could be feasible year round. Thanks for sharing.

10. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Certainly this would be a great way to make money if you don't own a car, otherwise you would essentially be selling someone else's parking space, since you would have to move your car to someone else's driveway. I hope people wouldn't abuse this to make a quick buck.