Live Streaming

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by H.C. Heartland • Dec 13, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking for a way to connect any Live Streaming onto my television set. I know there are devices like Roku available but I have never used this or anything else so I'm not sure which the best one would be. I am hoping to be able to attach something to the T.V. that won't have to be detached every time I want to watch regular television. Is that possible? What would your advise be on watching Live Streaming on your television without having to connect and disconnect cords each and every time I want to watch one or the other.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have experience with roku but I have some experiences with other seaming devices like Chromecast and other generic mini PCs. They are all good and useful but the problem with them is that you have to disconnect them after use or else they continue using power and some do the generic ones even heat up a lot when left plugged. I've tried using a netbook instead and that has been a good one to use but it also takes some time or effort to boot up and shut down each Time. All of these don't need to be unplugged to switch to network tv though, fortunately.