LoneStar Steak House Half Sandwiches Lunch Menu

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ruth B. • May 28, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I love the half a sandwich and either a soup with it or a salad with it type deals that exist in many restaurants as a common lighter meal. I am eating smaller portions these days, and those just fill me right up as a great size.

We ate at LoneStar steakhouse today for lunch. The price was great, under 20 dollars for two people, pretty much average in price of what you find for any kind of lunch. We had the half sandwich with soup, and also the half sandwich with salad. I had the shaved prime rib sandwich. It was delicious. The meat was perfectly cooked, the mushrooms caramelized just right. It was stuffed full, not skimpy. I had the tomato basil soup. It was seasoned just like it sounds, tomato and basil, but it was slightly creamy base.

Hubby had the rib sandwich with a de-ribbed riblet and a salad. He said his was good also.

We plan on going back to have dinner sometime with steak, etc. We noticed they had green beans. That is difficult to get in a steak house. So is steamed spinach, my favorite. Appleby's and others have it but not as a regular item. Veggies as sides are pretty limited at most steak places.

The sides at LoneStar weren't as many or as varied as The Cotton Patch restaurant has. Well, that would be another review, but yes, the Cotton Patch Cafe has tons of good veggie sides, and you can even put them together for a veggie plate.

Anyway, it was a good first run at the LoneStar Steakhouse. Not the most expensive, and not the cheapest, somewhere down the middle with great lunch specials. We would go back.