Long sideburns

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Oct 27, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the last days I've seen a few guys with long sideburns, Elvis Presley style. I thought that this fashion was something totally from the past, but I am starting to wonder if it is so... Do you like that style? Would you wear it?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally no, but I'm a woman and not able to either way lol. Some people can pull it off, some can't. Same with any style.. it's not for everyone. Personally, I don't even think Elvis pulled it off lol. But I've seen some who really made it work. If it caught on though and all the guys were doing it, I'd hide till it was over ;)

3. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Long sideburns are alright and very much still in, but I'd prefer keeping my sides shaved and smooth instead of looking all rusty. It doesn't fit everyone at all, but it does look quite good on men that it fits with to be honest. I only like to grow out my beard though but that is it.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's all right for some but I don't really like seeing men with long sideburns. Even if that trend recurs, I still won't recommend it to guys out there. They can sport sideburns all they want but at their own peril. I find this hair trend untidy and odd. Sideburns mask the charm and appeal of any guy that wears them. So after sporting the Elvis look, will they wear Elvis-like clothes too? I'd rather guys wear their hair long.

5. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't noticed this trend around my area. And I'm happy for that. Lol. It would be weird to see people with Elvis Presley sideburns walking around the streets. But hey, that's how trends begin.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Maybe it is coming back. I personally don't like it very much as it seems like at a very odd position of in between messy and clean, but even I would admit that it does look good on some a lot more than on others. It's just my taste though and I wouldn't hold it against anyone if they were to try it out. I believe in trying out as many styles as possible so more power to those who risk it.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The trend most certainly is coming back. I was in a barbershop recently and there's this one teenage girl who wanted to have get fancy haircut and first thing she tells the barber is, "don't touch my sideburns." Must have belonged to some weird sorority IMO.

Not that she had any but I suppose if even girls that young think sideburns are great, I can see why some men would like to let theirs get somewhat longer.

8. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a huge fan of sideburns... especially long ones. I think they look bushy, lazy and unkempt. I would shave my fiance's off in his sleep if he decided this was something he wanted to try!! LoL. I just don't think it's a great look for anyone. It wasn't wonderful on Elvis either... the trend needs to go back to the grave.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I had the courage to let mine grow lol, but I think that my wife would not find that very interesting haha. Also, I don't think they are socially accepted, so I also think that if I started bringing those to work that my boss would not find that very funny!