Long Term Antivirus

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by NinetyEighty1 • Jul 17, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Hello, for those anti virus users and enthusiasts out there, which antivirus would you recommend currently that is a long term antivirus. By long term a mean one that can last at least two years or more. I currently have Malwarebytes and have used Avast antivirus software every now and again. Both are good software in my opinion and have done me well, but I just want to know if there are any other options out there.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Symantec I was using before was great because it had sensed and captured many viruses. However, the license expired so I turned to AVG for a free download. AVG is okay but my issue is the automatic updating of the virus list and also of the program. When I am doing something important, the updating interferes with my efficiency. Now it is Avast for our home desktop.

3. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have AVG installed and it is free version of the AVG. For me that is working out just fine. As you can see AVAST and AVG are two good options in such case. Those are not only free but also it can take care of most of the virus issues. That's something I have found good enough.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My friend installed in my new laptop COMODO. I like it the best over others that I've tried. I have the free version of COMODO. Microsoft has defender that you can use for free just ask your windows start button search and it should be there to enable. Microsoft Defender must be physically enabled to work. It's free and good. I found RansomFree from Cybereason, free version. Cybereason's RansomFree got a good rating from PCMag.com. Here is the url for the article from PCMag.com:

5. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe Does Comodo work on windows 10? I heard of it a few years back but never heard too many good reviews on it. AVG and Microsoft Defender I have also heard of but still wanted a few more options to count on just in case.

#5Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  6. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    I only really need Windows Defender as an antivirus for Windows 10. It's non-aggressive and it function smoothly. As for malware remover, I have Malwarebytes and Roguekiller. Both are very good in terms of removing Malware, I've gotten infected by a very aggressive adware once, and I terminated it using the both programs I've mentioned.

7. bomb2060

bomb2060Member

Threads:
    Consider using McAfee premium. You can buy a license for 2 years+. Avast is not a bad alternative. But you should be ready to updateat license annually and all add-on are premium.

8. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I use 360 total security because it unlike bit defender it is never hacked and it doesn't slow down my computer like AVG and Avira. It also works as a junk file cleaner.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I use Bitdefender and I'm happy with it. I have tried many different antivirus progammes over the years (all free) and I have settled with this one because it is light and doesn't slow my computer down, plus it seems very efficient. I also use Malwarebytes free which I run once a week and sometimes Superantispyware. So far so good although I didn't realise Bitdefender could be hacked as @Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan says :(

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried various anti-virus and some of those includes AVG, Avast, Avira and Kaspersky but I didn't use them for long because most of them eats a lot of RAM. I decided to switch to Malwarebytes and I'm glad I did because it does the job, removes malwares and trojans and helps my computer secure from viruses :)

11. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Webroot has good reviews and it's only around 20 USD (a year) in the US. Note, in a Malware protection test done by PCmag.com, it got a 100 percent score. Also, the anti-phishing and bad URL blocking scores were something to take note of.

#11Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  12. Punkin

PunkinMember

Threads:
    AVG is an excellent alternative that still suffers from a rough reputation, thanks to a rough patch they went through a few years ago when it was sending out false-positives left and right. They did deserve criticism for that,b ut they also did fix the issue and I can soundly recommend them as a reasonable alternative. That said, in the realm of free antivirus, and active malware shields, you are going to be hard pressed to find a better suite than Avast!.

Whatever you do, avoid the paid services like Norton, Symantec, and MacAfee. Some of these are ludicrously bad! Of those that aren't, you need to consider that as the leading antivirus choice they attract an awful lot of attention from the bad guys who are trying to break security software. When security matters, there's something to be said for going with the choice that keeps its head down.

13. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am in need of a long term free antivirus. However, I only find one month trial versions online for free downloads.

Can anyone tell me how to or where from to get a long term free antivirus?

14. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Malawarebytes and Avast for they're freewares. They had worked well against virus malicious job for my laptop work efficiency. And I think they could relied upon for a mainstay for they're giving an update every now and then. I have no other AV ware I could recommend except MWB and Avast.

15. NinetyEighty1

Threads:
    It is hard to find a good long term antivirus nowadays for free, but I would suggest looking into avast.