Look Good On A Budget?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Apr 16, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You needn't spend lots of money to get that fancy hairdo. Just stumbled into it and I think some ladies might find this might save them some cash.

Ever thought of a being hair model?

So apart from saving money you gain some celebrity status.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lots of places offer model hair cuts, but you can't specify exactly what you want as they are for students. I used to be a professional hair model for styling too and it's fun, but time consuming. I only have had one disaster which was a color that went too blonde.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Hah.

If this were as easy as wikihow makes it sound, more women would do it.

It's not that easy. You have to have the right kind of hair, the right kind of connections, time, and a lot of luck.

Honestly, a better money-saving option is going to beauty schools and allowing students to practice on you. A bit of a risk, but you could get lucky for a very cheap and decent haircut.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Beauty schools are a much better option because ethereal students do try real hard to give you the best looking hair possible. They are new and fresh to their career and do not take shortcuts like some of the more tenured salon ladies do. I have had some amazing luck with the beauty school students.

5. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I actually take care of my hair on the pretty-cheap spectrum. I cut the split ends myself. They curl when I press them when they're wet, and that's pretty much it. I still get girls asking me what I do special on my hair. Answer is always... Er, nothing.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I think I probably have the correct kind of hair to be a hair model, but I live in the exact wrong area for that. The woes of a small town, hahaha.

I have also heard good things about going to a beauty school to get your hair done. It’s something I’d consider trying if I become seriously strapped for cash, but I’m not sure if the one we had in town is still operating.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I trained in Beauty Therapy and we used to advertise for "models" on whom we practiced our newly acquired skills at very heavily discounted prices. I used to see the Hairdressing students doing the same and dear, oh dear...! Some of the hair disasters that came out of the college salon were terrifying LOL In the end they used to get mainly the elderly because people were just too wary of having their hair damaged or getting something that they couldn't easily reverse. I was glad that generally speaking, my procedures were not that easy to botch up! I wouldn't have been happy to be the one to spoil someone's day.

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Lucky for me I do not have a complicated hairstyle so there is not much damage a student could do to my hair unless he or she was really that bad. I would probably spend the money on a licensed professional if I had a style that could be severely messed up and thus making me have to cut it off or wait for it to grow out to fix.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh no, you couldn't even pay me to be a hair model. I have seen so many things go wrong during those sessions that I definitely could never be persuaded to participate in them. I have enough problems as it is with alleged professional hair stylists. There were times when I felt like crying after visiting a hair saloon. These days I cut my hair myself.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think that's a very good idea. There are a lot of things you could get for free if you seek employment in the right places. I once was employed at a marketing firm and was given the task of handling on site events and apart from the salary I got, I also gained a lot of extra perks such as getting a good amount of samples of the products we were marketing at that particular time.

11. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    In my younger years I could have done it because my hair was a good quality and long. But now it has turned very course and the grays are starting to pop out sporadically like Einstein is being reborn in my hair follicles! So no, although I am looking for a job at the moment, I will not be applying to be a hair model. But please keep the ideas coming! Maybe one will strike me right and it will be just the thing. :)

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't spend any money on any harido. I have been doing my own hair since I was a child. My hair takes a lot to manage it and I'm just not for having just anyone messing around with it. The only cost for me is time, shampoo, and moisturizer.