Looking For A Restaurant

Discussion in Food & Drink started by to7update • Jan 8, 2017.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Great sunny day today, went out to the beach with the family looking for a restaurant to have lunch, but it was super crowded. Guess what, we ended up getting seated only after 4 restaurants, and somewhat away from the beach. The good news was that the food was excellent and the price way cheaper than closer to seaside. How important is location in this case? :)

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the location is fine as long you can see the beach and activities there. After all what difference does it make if you see people from 30 meters or 50 meters if you are saving on money :) If you ask me I would not mind sitting a couple of metrs away as long the food is good and you have to pay couple of bucks lesser.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the food is good, prices low and parking free it doesn't matter about the location. It's just how hungry you get looking is another thing altogether. Mainland is a big place, so there are more people. Here in Hawaii, on Oahu it does get crowded at occasions so it's wonderful that they've got food booths at the location of the festivities.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I think in all cases location is important as you were able to tell, most people prefer eating where there's a nice view so they are willing to pay more for that. Here where I live the beach is the main attraction and I see most tourist waiting in line in restaurants to be seated near the beach. Restaurant owners of course take advantage of this and charge more for the service.

5. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Actually I could not see the beach haha, I needed to take the car a couple of kilometers behind, but I didn't really care as I already walked around the beach a lot looking for a restaurant and the kids were already starving and complaining lol. Interesting restaurant search though! :D

6. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    Mexican restaurants are always pretty good, or at least, for the most part. I am not usually disappointed when I go and eat at a Mexican restaurant. The environment is relaxed and tropical. The people are laid back. The food is incredibly delicious and nourishing. These restaurants are all over the place.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Our rules do not allow restaurants on the beaches. The minimum distance of any permanent construction should be at least 500 meters from high tide line. There are strict rules of drainage etc therefore we do not have restaurants right on the beaches but some small wooden or other temporary facilities using bamboos etc which serve cold drinks etc.

8. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Location is secondary here when the tummy growls, tongue is pleased and pockets still heavy.

After few minutes of meal you can obviously go back to the scenery and keep enjoying the beach the whole day!

On beach restaurants are obviously costlier. You did good brain work moving away!

9. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    We ha some flooding issues in the past, so preventive construction was made in order to keep those restaurants close to the sea safe. It's really pleasant to be there, take a look. :)

[​IMG]

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @

You reminded me of my last visit to Colva beach in Goa where we stayed for three days in a hotel only 70 meters away from water and their beach restaurant was even closer say within 50 meters distance or so having temporary structure although designed beautifully and covered a vast area good for 200 or more people at the same time. We enjoyed almost all our meals there only.

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Being in such locations is what makes life worth, at least for me, as I love the beach. :) I have quite a few excellent experiences by the beach, but chasing a restaurant like I did this weekend is something I don't recall doing, just in new year though, and quite a few years ago.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I think the bigger picture is the food was nice and cheaper. I wouldn't mind how far away a restaurant is in my locality if I can trust the food and be sure to have them at cheaper rate. Actually there are days when many people tend to be visiting the restaurants almost at same time, this mostly happen weekends. You either have to wait to get served or make for other less busy restaurants not too far.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We do that chasing business a lot while I am back in Australia. We really cover great distances for finding good restaurants in our budget :). Otherwise also with kind of beaches in Australia one has to walk a lot before actually reaching to the sea. Great beaches.. great distance to cover and yet fascinating to see how well they maintain them.

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I am imagining that both Australia and New Zealand have to be the beach paradises. At the same time, I see New Zealand close to Australia in the map, but eventually it's relatively far away no?

Beach restaurants are a great deal, but it's not easy because most of them are seasonal.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I can say New Zealand is not all that far off as you think it is but the best thing is that I do not have to obtain a separate visa as PR holders for Australia are allowed to visit New Zealand without any further requirement. Yes both the place have a lot in common and great beaches are among them.

16. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    So New Zealand and Australia are pretty much like the same country, is that it? I am from Portugal and we also have some islands (Madeira and Açores), but we need flights of 2-3 hours to get there, no way going by boat. Nothing like traveling and enjoying food from different cultures, that's the most enriching in life. :)