Looking For Advice On Buying Office Furniture

Discussion in Office Supplies started by mbuzma • Dec 31, 2017.

1. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Do you think it's worth it to pay extra for brands such as IKEA ?
    I bought myself two cheap office tables and a chair, about 10 years ago, and I haven't really had any problems with them. They've proved to be pretty durable, but I'm not sure how much more they can last. I might have to buy a new chair in the future, so I'm interested in what other people think - have you bought brand name office furniture, and would you recommend it to others ?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We bought an office table at home. The first one was a cheap brand and the second one we bought after 5 years was a popular brand that is expensive. After 10 years, they are both okay and there seems to be no difference except the design with the expensive brand having a nicer design. That means the durability is almost the same but what may matter is the elegance of the design. Take your pick.

3. mbuzma

mbuzmaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, that's what I thought, considering how much the current furniture lasted for me. I don't really care much for design elegance, functionality is what comes first for me. I'll have to pay attention when buying the chair though, I don't want to buy something uncomfortable and then have back pain problems, since I spend a lot of time working.
    Thanks for the advice.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I'd say go with minimal setup if you are on budget. I have seen some of the offices making simple chairs and beanbag. So it'd not so bad if you consider office furniture for the time being. I'd say on that note you can also get things done locally. As the price is lot cheaper that way.

5. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    It all depends on the kind of business you are in and the type of clients that you deal with. If you clients are high class people then it's advisable to invest more on office furniture so as to create a good impression on them. If your clients are not high class people then you can invest on not so expensive furniture but it should still give your office a nice appearance. If you are tight on budget then buy cheap furniture and customize it to your office brand. This will leave a good impression to your clients.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have nothing to recommend for by experience the durability of the furniture is dependent on its usage. If it's taken care, maintained, it will last as you have for 10 years. Branded, expensive ones are comparable to ordinary made. It's up to you what to buy.

7. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't think it's necessary to pay extra to buy in a specific store. What's most important is that if we like the furniture, if we can see if it has quality, and obviously the price. To be honest, I cannot care less from what store it comes from, considering it looks good and it has a good quality.