Looking for realistic hair colour that will completely wash out in one wash

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by aiverson • Dec 1, 2013.

1. aiverson

aiversonNew Member

Threads:
    I am very blonde naturally, and I am luck enough to have really interesting high and low lights that happen naturally, which is why I don't want to permanently dye my hair. But I do want to try my hand at being a redhead, even if its only for a day. I know there are spray in ones but they leave your hair looking a rats nest and I would really like to see a realistic representation. So any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to dyes, reds are the worst for longevity. I found The Nutrisse Cream to be the best.. not just the longevity (although still not ideal) but because they faded into great and natural shades. The last red I used eventually faded into a really beautiful auburn. You being a blonde though, will likely make it fade much quicker.. or appear to rather. So I'm not one to give advice since I have naturally darker hair. I do recommend the brand though, but look for reviews on makeupalley.com and set your preference to reviews from other blondes. Hopefully someone here can chime in though :)

3. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    There are probably many available, but the only ones I know of are Splat Washables and also, Sally Beauty Supply makes one. I'm not sure of the name of the kind Sally's carries. I just know I have used it before.

The one from Sally's might work for you, but I didn't have success with it. It didn't tint my hair at all. My hair ended up looking exactly the same as it did before I tried using the temporary hair dye.

I don't have any experience with Splat Washables, so can't comment on it, but I have used many other dyes of theirs and they never disappointed me.

Your best bet is to try a few different ones and see which ones you like the best. Some work better than others. It all comes down to your specific hair type and the quality of the dye.