Looks Like A Fairly Easy Way To Make $150.

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by S.O. Price • Aug 1, 2015.

1. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Hi,

Here's an offer to open up an account with this bank and either make one additional deposit beyond your first deposit OR do 5 debit card transactions and make $150. The link is:

This bank is located in Michigan, but they do allow you to fund your account initially with a credit card. I don't know for sure if you have to be a resident of Michigan. If you qualify, basically you could stick 100 bucks into the account, and then do 5 debit card transactions after they send you your card and they will give you 150 bucks if you meet all the requirements. Hope this helps someone. As always, read all the fine print on the page to make sure you understand all the requirements and deadline. Cheers!

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You have to open a bank account in order to earn $150. Okay, that is a good promotional gimmick but I know somewhere along the line, there is a catch to that unless it is a new bank that is desperate to get new accounts. I work in a bank that's why I was surprised to read this thread. It's something out of line for a bank to do. Just my thoughts, no official declaration on the subject.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I too was thinking this sounds a little good to be true. I mean, this is a bank we're talking about. But having said that, I seem to vaguely remember a similar offer with one of the big UK banks a few years ago. I never took it up because I was perfectly happy with my own bank, so I don't know if it was a good offer. Of course, like the OP said, it's worth a try but if you go for it, just be sure to read the small print thoroughly in case there's a nasty catch somewhere in there.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Citizens account and there is always small print and I get caught out sometimes. They have so many accounts and it's hard to switch them. I have to make 5 debit transactions (not POS as I found out) each moth or I get charged a fee for the account. I end up buying Amazon $0.99 books for the sake of it.

It's not a new bank, but they make money from debit transactions which is why they encourage them. Obviously you can only open an account in the USA.

5. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    As with any promotion, they do have fine print which must be read. There is a $10 fee per month, but that can be avoided if one makes one deposit into their account per month. I don't plan on having the account open for long. As soon as I can get my $150 bucks I'm out of there. They do have a mobile banking app so I am thinking that will be a pretty cool way to deposit checks without even having to find an ATM or branch. :)

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen this type of promotion before. A bank doesn't have to be shifty to offer things like this, it's often just a way to drum up business and increase their presence within a community. As stated, there are usually some contingencies that must be met, but as long as you're aware of those ahead of time, and will be able to comply with them, this could be a good way to make some money, and as @S.O. Price@S.O. Price stated, mobile banking apps with the ability to deposit checks can be a real plus.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is entirely possible to make a nice profit by opening bank accounts and moving money around. The same can be done with credit card balances too but it's essential to go through the small print with a fine toothed comb before signing up to anything. Make sure you know what your obligations are and famliarise yourself with the cancellation and banking charges policies.

8. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Yep. I read all the fine print (repeatedly, to make sure I didn't miss anything) and I'm on my way to getting $150.00. They also consider transferring money from another bank as a monthly deposit so I did that the first month. Next month I'll try their mobile banking just for the fun of it. By that time I should have my 150 bucks and then I'll close the account (probably). For some odd reason, this year between the credit card deals similar to this and the bank account deals, I'm really raking it in. That is great because I really need it.

9. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    It's an odd situation when it comes to dealing with banks and the $150 deal. They tend to trap everyone with the gimmick that you can make money by changing to their bank. I can understand the portion of saving money from bank charges but I think banks shouldn't charge you for that in the first place.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:This sounds like a scam and I'd be careful of it. Since there isn't any television commercial about it I'd doubt it if it's real. It's best to go to bank site and see it it's a legit offer. I'm very skeptical about it, so don't click on link please.o_O

11. karamara

karamaraMember

Threads:
    So you open an account and you get $150? That sounds like a great deal but I know there's a catch there. Like something along the lines of "You can't cash out the $150 unless this and that...." or something similar. It's a great promotional trick I'll give them that but I don't think people smart and experienced enough would look at this as a deal.

12. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    The Chase bank in my area tried that promotion here and I called to inquire about it as it seemed like a quick way to earn some money. I was planning to open a new account anyway and so I talked to a banker about it. You had to have at least $100 in the account for a month and then they would add the $150 to your account. You have to always read the fine print!