Low cost Macs on Ebay

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by SavvyGirl2014 • Jun 5, 2014.

1. SavvyGirl2014

SavvyGirl2014Member

Threads:
    If anyone is interested in getting a MacBook, I would really suggest checking out eBay. Of course do not look for the latest model, because you will not get much of a bargain. But if you get an older model, you will likely get a good deal. The only difference between newer Macs and a lot of older ones are Retina Display (not a big deal if you ask me) and the OS. It will still run like a charm and give you all the perks of having a Mac. I just got one off of Ebay so I am just sharing my experience! :)

2. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    Well, we should also remember that you could get a "hackintosh Mac" at the lowest cost, which is also becoming a strong possibility.

The equivalent of a Mac (in terms of performance) can often be built for a fraction of the price if you have sufficient expertise in hardware. You can make a fairly stable hackintosh buying compatible parts.

The hackintosh community has advanced gigantic steps in recent years. This may well be a viable way for maximum cost-benefit relationship for a Mac if ebay doesn't cut it for you.