Lowe's or Home Depot?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by xcmiller93x • May 6, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Which store do you prefer - Lowe's or Home Depot?

2. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I personally don't care which as they are very similar. I simply go to whichever one is closer to where I'm living at the time.

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I shop at Home Depot because I don't have a Lowe's near my house. Come to think of it I've never shopped at a Lowe's before.

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I like Lowe's better. We can shop at either one, they are across a side street from each other here and on the same side of the highway. Right turn your in Lowe's and left turn your in Home Depot. I will shop at Home Depot if I am shopping at Shoprite since they are connected, but I do prefer Lowe's when my trip doesn't involve food shopping too. We have too many stores in a half mile stretch here!

5. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Over here where we live, we have a Home Depot and a Lowe's literally less than two blocks away from each other. And honestly, the Home Depot out here sucks compared to Lowe's. And it's like a night and day comparison at that. Says a lot doesn't it? lol

6. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I actually like Home Depot a ton better for my wood. I have had to many boards warp on me from Lowes when I was trying to work on them. So I have given up on using Lowes wood before because it has cost me so many projects before.

7. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen a Lowe's and Home Depot across the street from each other, and I don't understand why they do that.

8. ilike2save

ilike2saveNew Member

Threads:
    I used to like Lowe's, but it seems like lately their customer service is really lacking.

Not too long ago I waited around forever in the lumber section for someone to help me get some wood down from a shelf. I walked around and could not find anyone to help me, and the one guy that walked by in the 10 mins I stood there wouldn't even make eye contact with me. Then I went a different time to buy a dryer cord and the clerk was so condescending, it upset me; and I'm usually not someone that even notices that kind of stuff.

I had a ton of issues with my dryer and ended up finding a cheap model at Home Depot. They were able to have it delivered within the week, Lowe's would have taken two. The delivery guy for Home Depot even figured out what was wrong with my outlet and why my old dryer stopped working in the first place. This was after two service calls from Sears and one from my apartment maintenance team.

In this case, I was really amazed by Home Depot's service and it made enough of an impression on me that I would probably choose them over Lowe's next time.

9. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I like Home Depot because things are cheaper, but Lowes has more prettier items. Lowes is more a house thing, and Home Depot is more a apartment thing. I do a lot of apartment work and Lowes does not sell any of the items, well the older apartments though. I say Home Depot.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    It doesn't make a difference to me since they are literally 3 blocks away from eachother in either direction from my home. I love Home Depot because its what I grew up with and the smell of lumber is so welcoming and familiar but Lowe's does have a better selection of back yard furniture and lawn lights. I think Home Depot is just a "hardware" store and Lowe's feels more like a DIY store.

11. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I actually prefer our small local hardware store because they offer the best customer service. To pick between Lowe's or Home Depot, I would have to go with Lowe's. Our Home Depot was great when it first opened but it really went downhill from there. The employees just ignore you or will be very rude to you. Our local Lowe's is still really good, everyone is very nicce and helpfull and their selection is really good.

12. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    Our Lowe's and Home Depot are right across the street from each other also. I prefer to go to Lowe's because the store seems to have a wider variety of things to choose from. Lowe's also seems cleaner and more organized. I love their garden department. They have a huge indoor and outdoor display with fountains and yard ornaments. It is fun to go there around Christmas time because they have gorgeous decorations and it also feels so festive.

13. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I only have a Lowe's currently, so that's where I go. In other towns, I usually lean towards Lowe's as well because I've never had any real issues with them. I'd happily go to Home Depot, too, but I'm less familiar with them.

14. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Frankly, I think they're both a pain in the butt with regard to getting help (have had experiences with both stores not being properly staffed). However, Lowes wins my business because it's much closer to my house.

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I noticed a lot of stores do that as well. I guess they like to compete with each other. Personally I just think it's crazy to put two of the same type of stores less than a 1 mile radius. Maybe it does serve a purpose because if one store doesn't have what you like, then you can go across the street.

16. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I usualy shop Lowes but only because its closer. It really depends on what I need. I can usually find some tools cheaper at Harber Freight. I usualy get my lumber from 84 lumber or the Discount house. I get my plants and seeds from a nursery. I go where the best deals are. I decide what I want and then start searching the web for who has it on the best deal at the time.

17. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Neither. We have a local Menards store that I prefer that has so much more than both stores you mentioned!