Lowes Shipping

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by vpresson • Sep 7, 2015.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So, me and my husband decided to purchase a big dog kennel for our dog Tyson, we ordered the kennel that was suppose to be shipped directly to our home but for some reason Lowes i guess decided to have it shipped to the store. So, we go to the store because we get a call that our kennel is in we go to the store explain to them we do not have our truck at the moment which is why we wanted it shipped home. They said there was some type of problem on why the kennel couldn't be delivered to our home. So, we tell them we cannot pick the kennel up at this time until our truck is out of the shop. Well, they tell us it's no problem for them to deliver the kennel to our house (don't see why they couldn't do that to begin with!) me and husband thinking okay since we already paid shipping when we ordered it online. But than they have the nerve to turn to us and tell us that they would have to charge us an extra 100 dollars to deliver it to our home when our home is literally 5 minutes down the road from lowes we told them why would we pay an extra 100 on top of the 50 we paid for shipping just so that they can drive down the road for 5 minutes! They tell us that is the flat rate price for anything delivered to the home. So, after sitting there and going back and forth with these people i finally got tired and told them to just take it all back and give me ALL of my money back because i wasn't going to pay 150 for shipping when it was suppose to end up at my home in the first place. Well, i got my money back and went a head and got the kennel else where. I just couldn't believe how much they were trying to get out of us THEY MADE A MISTAKE AND EXPECTED ME TO PAY FOR THEIR MISTAKE! That's crazy! I don't know maybe it's just me but i am sorry if i pay 50 bucks online to have something shipped to my home than they try to charge me another 100 to drive down the street and bring it well that just doesn't sit well with me! Has anyone else had a problem like this with Lowes or any other company when it came to shipping?

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a public relations nightmare. I tend to buy from Home Depot, since it's closer to my home, but have shopped Lowe's in the past. I've never ordered online at Lowe's to be shipped home or to the store, though. I'm glad they gave you your money back, but they should have made it right, and just delivered the kennel to your home for free, rather than forcing you to cancel the whole sale.

I did have an issue one time in trying to get olive oil shipped to my house via Walmart.com. I don't know if it was some sort of local regulation or what, but even though I order other grocery items to be shipped here, they wouldn't do it (said they couldn't on the website, so I didn't get an explanation), so I ended up going to the store for it. Sometimes shopping online isn't much easier than going to the brick and mortar stores. I'm glad you were able to get a kennel elsewhere.

3. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    @Diane Lane@Diane Lane Yeah, I now use Home Depot since my troubles with Lowe's I will def never order from their site that's for sure! But yeah I agree that sometimes online shopping can be a pain in the butt! I guess it just depends on the site and company.

#3Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2015