Loyal3 Investing?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by helpingcollier4 • Dec 29, 2014.

1. helpingcollier4

helpingcollier4Member

Threads:
    I recently read an article about Loyal3, a fairly recent addition to the online brokerage world (they launched in 2008). Their whole premise is fee-free investing, and they allow investors to invest as little as $10 a month. They allow you to purchase fractional shares of popular stocks like Coca-Cola, Berkshire Hathaway, and Nike. Other than my pension (I am a teacher), I don't have any retirement investments. I have started with $10 per month to see what it is like, but I am impressed from reading reviews of the service.

If anyone is a member of Loyal 3, I would be interested in hearing your opinion of the service. I would post a link to the best review I've read, but I want to clear it with the moderators first. I am a new member here and want to make sure I post in accordance with the rules.

2. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    A big thanks to you for sharing this with the rest of us @helpingcollier4, I really thank you! this thread that you created I think is the thread of the year! I have been looking for an affordable way to buy stocks in America while here in my home country and I think this will work for me! I have already started to examine the site, I am not having any bad feelings about it, it looks like a secure domain, it looks fully registered and it also looks workable for where I am at right now, I'm going to give them a call first thing when I awake from sleep today. I'll be following up on this and providing feedback. If this is really genuine,and I hope it is, it'll be the bestway to put my online money to good use.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Loyal 3 is only for US residents. I spoke to a customer service representative and they told me that they are working on expanding to other countries but for now, they are only operating in the United States...the land of opportunities. So for the rest of the world...wait!
    What strikes me about this business is that, since no profit is made from the fees associated with buying and selling stocks, where does the profit come from?

4. helpingcollier4

helpingcollier4Member

Threads:
    I am so sorry! I didn't realize that it was only available for US residents. Hopefully they will open it up to other investors soon.

If I understand correctly, the companies whose stock is available for purchase pay Loyal3 a small fee every time someone invests in their company. I am not certain, but I believe I am correct.

I'm sorry for the disappointment! Hopefully it is short-lived.