LucasFilm and Pixar now under the same house

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by teamrose • Nov 1, 2012.

1. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    Looks like Disney just purchased Lucas films and plans to do a Star Wars movie every 2 to 3 years.* *What do ya think of this?* Will the force be with them or will they over commercialize it to the point of sucking? They do have amazing customer service. This is from one of their weekly emails:

"Last fall, we took our granddaughter to Disney World to celebrate her fourth birthday. When we checked in, she was given a birthday button to wear. Everywhere we went, she was greeted with birthday wishes – of course, she had forgotten about the button and couldn't believe that everyone knew. During the day, we had a wonderfully magical dinner at Cinderella's Castle, where she had the pleasure of visiting with all of the Princesses. This was one of the highlights of the trip. We visited Tinkerbell too."

That evening, as we were leaving the Park, we arbitrarily stopped at the Confectioner's on Main Street. When we entered, a very kind and perceptive Cast Member came right over to say that they had been waiting for her and to give my granddaughter a special birthday treat. When she asked how they knew, they told her that Tinker Bell had called to tell them, The awe and the genuine appreciation that crossed her face almost had us in tears. As simple as it was, it worked! At that moment, she truly believed in fairies.

2. warren4454

warren4454New Member

Threads:
    I like it, it keeps the Star Wars movie going, maybe they can go a new direction with Dsiney, probably 3d movies

3. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Star Wars is one of the most popular movie franchises of all-time and I think that Disney would do a good job on creating a seventh Star Wars film. Actually, one the reasons why I'm excited about this is because all Star Wars characters would become a part of Disney as well and with that, there is a possibility that some characters from Star Wars would appear on Kingdom Hearts. That's the reason why I'm really looking forward to it! :rolleyes:

4. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    I can not say that I am completely surprised about Disney buying LucasFilm. I am more surprised that it took them so long to make this purchase! Many people, myself included, are excited to see what Disney can do with the Star Wars franchise.

5. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad they'll be new movies to share with my kids. I was a baby when the first three were released. Given the advances in special effects, I can only imagine the tech savy kids of today would label these movies as lame. Each series is different. To me nothing is as good as the originals. It's what I grew up with, but I'm excited to see what they do with the franchise.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even want to know what will happen. The "prequel" trilogy itself was completely terrible, and Ep 3 was the first movie I had to walk out of.. and I've seen some pretty bad movies. It's sad to see a great franchise like Star Wars get completely destroyed because of greed of others.

7. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    As a big fan of Star Wars, this has been a pretty big deal for me. I can't really imagine where Disney will take it - and I am not sure how I feel about it. One second, I feel like this is a great thing for the franchise and for the next generation. And the next second, I am so angry that Lucasfilm was bought! Here's my big issue, though. I am most surprised at the fact that it was purchased in cash and stock for only $4 billion. Yes, I understand 100% that $4 billion is A LOT of money. I, personally, will probably never, ever see even see $1 billion in my lifetime. But, don't you think that for the whole Star Wars franchise (and basically everything else that Lucasfilm did), $4 billion seems so little?!

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow!

I am so glad that I'm not the only person that feels this way. Those "prequel trilogy" movies were so horrible. Star Wars should be left alone. Enough damage has been done.

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Heh, you're definitely not alone, I don't know anyone who liked them, the general opinion is pretty negative. :D I for one will never pay for the new ones.