Lush - Coalface Cleanser

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Miaka_M • May 6, 2015.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I've used a number of products from Lush and the great thing about their store is that if you ask for a sample, they give you it to try out! The samples alone last quite a while. One thing that I am quite fond of is their Coalface Cleanser.

As you can guess, the main ingredient is coal. This little black bar is really good for people with oily skin and it actually helps to reduce the look of dark spots as well as help prevent break outs. I've been using it for about 3 months now and I noticed a huge difference on my face. I highly recommend this product of theirs.

One crucial note is that like many of their other products, the scent is pretty strong. If you have a very sensitive nose, this product is not for you.

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of Lush before your post, that I know of. This cleanser sounds appealing, I am dealing with oily skin and am always looking for an effective cleanser. The one I'm using now, by Origin, works okay, but it is actually drying out my hands (from lathering and applying to my face!) but only doing an okay job on decreasing oil on my face. How is Lush price-wise?

3. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Lush is a Canadian based company that makes 100% vegetarian products and they are mostly vegan except for the use of honey. They are also organic and use natural ingredients that can provide the best nourishments. The store has made quite a few appearances in the States, I know of a couple in Baltimore, Maryland.

Maybe this would definitely be something for you. Price wise, they are a little more pricey than other brands I would think. They make fresh soaps and they actually cut and weigh what you want and price it that way. I always go for a $10 cut (tax included) and it is about the size of 3/4 of a dove soap bar. The good thing about their products is that they give quite a generous lather with just a small amount. The products last a very long time.

They also make other products like moisturizers and bath bombs (like bubble baths but are solid spheres that drop in the bath and produce a ton of bubbles). I hope this helps :)

4. Jannnnjan

JannnnjanActive Member

Threads:
    Lush has shops in the UK. I have bought quite a few products from them but didn't know they would give you a sample! I will check that out. I haven't seen the coal face cleanser before, next time I visit I will look out for it. Their bath bombs are...well Lush! The soaps last for ages and never go soft or slimy. I give their gift boxes as presents as they look incredible and always have a good selection of products.
    I like the fact that they have a strong smell - it can last as long as a good quality perfume. I have had a bath with a Lush bath bomb in the evening and the next day still smell lovely. Other people ask what perfume I have got on and can't believe it's from a bath bomb!

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Yes they give you samples! Here in Canada, they have these little containers (about the size of 2 finger tips wide and one finger tip tall) and they use these to put in little samples of their creams and cleansers. A sample like this would last about 2 weeks is used generously and their soap samples, its about $1-$2 worth of a cut and lasts about the same time of 2 weeks.

Definitely their bathbombs are something amazing! It makes your skin feel nice and silky as well :D I love their gift boxes as well, super pretty!