Mac vs pc

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by chrislyons88 • Apr 1, 2013.

1. chrislyons88

chrislyons88New Member

Threads:
    Yup it's time for that thread, lets really break it down.

MAC - Is basically a PC with a white case and is "fashionable" it sounds weird but it is. I mean everyone wants the white ipod when they first came out, and even today you are "cool" if you have mac products. I guess that society for you.
    Really why are you buying something $1000 just to browse facebook and watch tv shows?

PC - This stuff is cheap and fast. Why would you not want it? You can play everything on it.

Conclusion:

Buy a pc, cause the mac isn't worth it.

DISCUSS MINIONS!

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. You can do everything on a PC, from watch movies, play games, browse facebook,etc.... there are so many things you can do with a Pc, and it has plenty of room for storing pictures, music important documents. I love the PC, and especially now , the prices are so low compared to what they were a few years back. I would never buy a Mac, for me and my family it has always been and always be a PC..... You get way more for your money!

3. illusen

illusenNew Member

Threads:
    My vote goes to the PC. It's much cheaper and the most important for me is getting the highest performance hardware I can for the lowest price. For that reason, I never buy an already assembled PC, but build it out of parts and upgrade constantly.

I'm not a person to follow trends and buy the latest phone or gadget because:
    1.I don't see the point in it.
    2.I'm on a limited budget.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Even if i had unlimited money i would go with a custom build PC built by myself... and still it would be cheaper than a mac. I just don't see the point of paying 500$ on a 2gb RAM upgrade, when i can buy those at 25$ max. Also, the support is ridiculous and expensive.

But somehow, this kind of business is still going strong...

5. chrislyons88

chrislyons88New Member

Threads:
    I do own the mac laptop for school and it's NOT THAT BAD. It's super expensive tho but it rocks. I have had no problems with it *knocks on wood* x2 But I have had it for 5 years and it still runs real well. I might even marry it... wow it slate.

6. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Hmm I must be confused. Didn't you start this topic with the statement that Macs
    were overpriced and too trendy for you?
    Regardless I have had several macs and I don't think I am fashionable or trendy.
    In fact I am more of a retro kind of guy, zippo lighter back when I smoked,
    retro truck with crank windows etc, not exactly trendy. But I have been with mac
    computers and I simply do not regret it.
    They have all done me well. Including my current one, a desktop which does not have a white case.
    Ryder13

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm used to PC and that's probably the only reason why I still use it. Especially for work in which I use a lot of designing software, I just couldn't shake off my PC habits and get used to the Mac buttons enough for me to switch. However, I do see why it is so popular, because it's really very simple to use and even the amateurs feel like pros when using their editing software. I think if I had gotten used to it first, I would definitely pick that one.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a PC person. MACs are overpriced, but Apple has a loyal if not fanatical following. MAC is very popular with graphic artists, designers and those in the TV and movie industry. It's rare for me to see anyone in the industry to be using a PC.

I have used PC my whole adult life. Initially, it was hard to get compatible software for MACs so I was never tempted to even purchase a MAC.

9. gloria7819

gloria7819New Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I gotta go with the PC for practicality. The Mac is neat, fancy and has cool features, but the PC is easier and everything runs on it without having to do the whole parallel thing like on a Mac.

10. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I have only owned Macs but I have used PCs and I don't think the PCs are easier.
    In fact, although the gap has closed over the years, I think Macs are easier but I think some of the traits of Macs re ease of use have been picked up with PCs.
    Like I said, I have used both.
    Ryder13

11. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Lol first let me say I like how you broke this down lol but I agree with you pc is a lot better than mac I hate mac and never want it I rather stick to my pc

12. notafish

notafishNew Member

Threads:
    I am and have always been a fan of the PC. Since I was little it was the first one I ever had. I have used a Mac before and I honestly hate the layout. It is too fancy and has useless effects that will only slow it down. The only thing I have ever loved that is MAC is a pair of ear phones that looked really cool. They look like the future and I really want the PC to step their game up because MAC is not really holding back. Anyway I will always be a fan of PC.

13. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    I have use bith Mac and PC - the honest truth here is that PC is the ultimate machine. Mac has its pluses but i think they are only good for official and wokring use......but when it comes to general use such as using it for fun stuff and being a normal human being i feel as if mac takes the fun out of it.....everything has to be the mac way or the highway.....so overall....i would rather be with a PC which i can upgrade and turn into a mean machine that wipes the floor with Mac

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think MAC is like the pc equivalent of those expensive designer bags. They're made to cater to the brand conscious and upper class market. As for me I'll stick with the pc, it can do a whole lot more as compared to MAC that has many limitations, it can't even run most pc games!