Macs are way too expensive

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by xcmiller93x • May 12, 2012.

1. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    You are definitely paying for brand name when you get a Macbook. I do not dispute that they are good computers - they work just fine. but for the price point, they are not cost effective. Right now, I am writing this on a laptop that cost $700 dollars and runs better than any thousand dollar macbook. The only reason that designers choose macbooks is because they come pre-installed with programs that they use. In addition, PCs are far easier to upgrade and are more universal, meaning it is cheaper overall to own one. Finally, if you want to play any sort of online game, then PCs are also necessary as many games support only Windows. Honestly, if macs were cheaper then I would take a look at them, but right now they are just not worth it.

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I would tend to agree. Although, I do really like the product and might even prefer a Mac if the price was right. However, I'm also quite content with PCs. I find they have become a lot more reasonably priced over the last few years. Therefore, I'm perfectly happy continuing to purchase PC's if it will save me hundreds of dollars.