Made In?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Dec 27, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How a shopper are you? Do you buy products made only at home. There's even a website that's dedicated to encouraging more people to buy "local".

You'd call yourself a patriot by supporting local businesses but for someone who wants to save money, they'd probably have to consider comparing prices [of similar] products before deciding what to buy regardless of where the products were made.

Personally I never buy anything made in China but that doesn't mean I buy only products made at home. I buy a number of Japanese electronics for example.

What of you guys? Care about where a product was made?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't necessarily look at where products are made. The main thing I consider is affordability and durability, and if I like whatever it is I'm buying :)

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These days it's too easy to stamp a 'Made in..." sticker on anything. I look at the quality more these days rather than even the brand as some outsource to other countries. I like to buy local, but whether it's affordable and good quality matter more to the buyer.

For example 'Made in Italy' is associated with bags and shoes so is a reassurance of quality, but even so you have to double check as people are taking advantage of the 'Made in.. ' tag,

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am hesitant to buy expensive electronic items made in China, but for everything else, I don't mind where it came from. One thing that I've learned though: If the item is cheap, then the quality is cheap too.