Magic Eraser

Discussion in Product Reviews started by pafjlh • Apr 18, 2013.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    No doubt most of you have seen these advertised on TV. These are cleaning pads that were originally put out by the Mr. Clean brand of cleaning products. You can now purchase a similar product in a generic brand for a cheaper cost. Anyway, I love these I find that they work quite effectively when it comes to cleaning things with no harsh chemicals. I have also found that these are great to remove stains that can appear on slow cookers. They also help remove grease stains from the Orgrenic Pan. I have reviewed the Ogrenic pan in the past talking about how much I love this pan. But one thing I did notice about it, is that that over time grease stains can start to form on it. Not a good idea to try to scrub these off, but the magic eraser pads will remove these stains with no abrasion which means no damage to the pan. I can highly recommend the magic eraser pads, and don't like to be with out them in my home.

2. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. I've used them on my tub and those hideous feet stains that my husband and daughter get in the tub from dirty feet come right out. I was able to clean in between the tiles in my shower to get everything sparkling clean and pristine. They're super expensive though, and I can't always afford them! I didn't know that a Dollar Store version was sold. I might try that out, as that would be more budget friendly.

3. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    I too have used this eraser, I wasn't more or less satisfied with the generic brand, it has the same performance at the same price. Good for the stains, and the cleanup jobs, I like that as I am sensitive to the harsh chemicals.

4. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I love the Mr.Clean versions (haven't tried the other versions). They're great for getting fingerprints off the refrigerator handles! Be careful though, I had a friend warn me that children could "burn" themselves with the erasers if they rubbed it on their skin.

5. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    How long do they last? I hate buying sponges and scrubbing tools that are great in the beginning, but quickly go downhill. You end up using them long after their worth just to keep from having to throw them away.

6. Lilley1

Lilley1Member

Threads:
    Magic Erasers can clean anything and I have always been a big fan of them, that is until now.

Magic Erasers are a melamine foam. That doesn't sound harmful and in fact is said to be Eco-Friendly. According to Wikipedia, Melamine Foam is a foam-like material consisting of a formaldehyde-melamine-sodium bisulfite copolymer.

I will probably still use Magic Erasers since they clean every little mark my kids leave behind on the walls and floors, but I will make sure to use cleaning gloves and keep my kids away from them.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't really tried the magic eraser I heard good things about it I just might try using them tho

8. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    This is perhaps my biggest complaint if any about the magic eraser pads. They do break down rather easily. Especially the cheap generic ones. The Mr. Clean versions do seem to last a little longer, but once again more of an expense then the others are. What I do with these is I tend to look at the job that I want the pad to clean. If its a small job such as cleaning grease spots off the orgrenic pan or the slow cooker, I will cut off a smaller square from the pad and use this to do the job. If I have a larger surface like a tub or a sink, I cut it in half. In other words I tend not to use the whole pad, this makes it stretch a bit further in clean up jobs.

9. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Ahh, that's a smart way to use them. I wonder how often you can find a coupon for these? It might be a good idea to keep a look out for them, and then apply some extreme couponing mojo to stock up on them.

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    That's another good idea in buying the Mr. Clean brand of this product. I'm sure that if you look around in the Sunday Paper or even online at coupon websites you might be able to find some coupons for this product. I would be surprised if there weren't any coupons available out there. But as I said above I tend to buy only the generic versions. Although, I have learned the hard way that I don't want to be without these in my home. So, like you said stocking up is always a good idea to ensure that the magic erasers are always on hand to handle clean up jobs.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here's an article that lists tons of uses for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Apparently they can get almost anything off of walls and sinks.

12. axm6557

axm6557New Member

Threads:
    I use magic erasers more than anyone I know. I love them so much, but I wish they were a little more sturdy. I have 3 kids who apparently think they are picaso on my walls, and one eraser only goes as far as one wall if i'm removing finger art and dirt too. We really aren't as dirty as i'm making it seem haha If they held together better I would love them even more!

13. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I do love using the magic erasers. I however would not recomend the generic version of the eraser. Maybe it was just me, but I found that they did not last nearly as long as the original magic eraser. As far as actually cleaning as well as the original it did do a great job. But I had to use twice as many because they literally fall apart very quickly. So it is true you do get what you pay for. If you just need a smaller job done and do not expect to ever use the same eraser again then this may be an option for you. But if you are like me you want to get at least a few uses out of the same eraser.

The ydo work awesome on the hard scum that gets around the tub. I have not found any other product that works as well as this one does for getting my tub so clean. And it also works great on pots and pans that have been scorched or burned. It saves you alot of time and scrubing.

14. cmilliken

cmillikenMember

Threads:
    I do like Magic Erasers, as they will remove pretty much any stain you will come across. However, they do not do well with tape residue. For grime like this, I prefer Goo Gone. It's a liquid, rather than a sponge. Goo Gone is undefeatable!

15. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    The biggest problem with these is that they don't last very long. They are really good at removing stains though, but it would be good if they could make them more durable. I have to say they are great at removing the grime from my pots.

16. avadarling

avadarlingMember

Threads:
    I absolutely love the magic eraser as well. I have nothing but good to say about it. I also don't like my home with out them!

17. Diane102290

Diane102290New Member

Threads:
    I was so skeptical about this magic eraser but I ended up giving it a try and it truly is magic. I use that thing on everything from my bathroom to my kitchen. I think it works best when you are cleaning up the bathroom, like the tiles or the tub. I try to stay stocked up on this because they are sponges after all so they won't last forever but they get the job done perfectly.

18. MaraJadeC

MaraJadeCMember

Threads:
    This is proof that Magic Erasers are heaven sent! They work really well. :)

19. Diane102290

Diane102290New Member

Threads:
    I have definitely used this product and I have to say it really does work. You have to try this product if you haven't already. Great for bathroom tiles and things of that sort.

20. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I love the Mr. Clean pads. It really has changed my cleaning habits because I don't need to use the liquid cleaners with strong fumes I used before for my tiles, shower area and bathtub. I do spend a bit more on the Mr. Clean brand instead of buying generic ones because in my experience it lasts longer. Since I don't buy the other cleaning products anymore the additional money I shell out for the Mr. Clean brand is no hardship.