Magic Jack.

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Kaylah • Nov 28, 2013.

1. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone used this? I'm thinking about getting it because I don't have a landline. It's only $20 a year! Super cheap. Does anyone use their service? How is it?

2. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I'm also thinking of getting this. I don't have a land line but only have a plan where I get a limited amount of minutes every month so when I am out it is hard to get in touch with people unless I borrow my fiancees phone but hes at work for a while every day so I am stuck with no phone for like 8 hours a day. $20 a year is cheap especially for a back up phone.

3. Treadlight

TreadlightMember

Threads:
    From what I've heard you get what you pay for. The service area is spotty at best and dropped calls are commonplace. I have a pay-as-you-go plan for my cell with unlimited everything and I can get and receive calls in some pretty remote locations. The bill is steep but it's worth it because I can't do my job with poor phone service.

4. Lin

LinNew Member

Threads:
    I use magic jack, but I don't pay the annual fee. I use it free of charge from my android phone. Talkatone is a better option for me though. You can give it a try if you haven't.

5. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I use magic jack and find it to be decent. I had trouble with the option of not using my computer but that may have been a problem with my router.

6. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    What is talkatone? Is that through your computer as well or how doe that work?