MAGNAVOX 19MF337B TV/Monitor Review

Discussion in Product Reviews started by techbeast34 • Dec 7, 2012.

1. techbeast34

techbeast34Member

Threads:
    The Magnavox 19MF337B is a 19 inch monitor from Magnavox. The TV itself is about 3.5 inches thick.

Quality: The quality of the Magnavox TV is very good for what it is. Because the TV was a promotional item offered by Verizon a couple of years ago, I thought the TV would be very cheap. Every single detail is sharp, and it is very versatile. The color is not distorted at all, the blacks in the picture are very deep. The quality of the TV input is exceptional. The HDMI input is great for game consoles and computers. The TV also includes to A/V inputs and a VGA input. The A/V input could be better, but I can't complain about it. The VGA has a resolution of 1440 by 900, so the resolution is good for games. You can also connect a computer to the HDMI input on the TV, allowing for higher quality during games, but the text on the screen will seem a bit faded/blurry.

Sound: The sound output is not the greatest either. The sound the speakers output is somewhat tinny and drained out, but it is adequate for watching TV or playing video games. The bass does not reach very low, and the sound overall isn't balanced.

Weight: The weight of the 19MF337B is huge for what it is. It's very cumbersome to carry, and the profile is not at all slim. It's very hard to transfer the unit from room to room if need be.

Usability: The settings are a bit complex, and the remote doesn't always respond. In the HDMI mode, the settings are very limited in picture, with only widescreen and automatic as the two picture settings. Because the IR sensor is embedded into the power button, you need to point the remote at that specific spot every time you want to change the input or any other setting.

Monitor: The VGA input has good quality, but the TV itself sometimes outputs picture as blurry or it may over/underscale the picture, which means that I have to turn off the TV and turn it back on. As mentioned before, the resolution is 1440 by 900, making it exceptional quality.

Overall: As a cheap promotional TV, I would give it a 5 out of 5. For a consumer product, I would give it a 3 out of 5. I would not recommend this product.