Maintaining Our Health

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sunflogun • Aug 6, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    A doctor I had told me that our health is like a glass or water that we are filling of slowly emptying. This means that we can fight the diseases before they come, because when they appear it's too late. Do you agree with this? How can we improve our health?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely agree with this. Everything we do either contributes or takes from our health. We should all be living in a way that prevents illness and that doesn't mean bubble wrapping ourselves and restricting all things awesome, it means putting your health and future comfort first before that temporary gratification. Especially with food.. people roll their eyes at healthy eating, but why are they seeking bliss in food to begin with? lol.. and if you must, how is future illness at all worth it? I don't know.. most people wait till it's too late because they take "yolo" the wrong way. If health and longevity are at all important to them, they'd make the right choices now. But even late is better than never.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely - I totally agree that looking after our health should be a top priority at all times and by that I mean eating a healthy balanced diet containing a wide variety of natural nutrient dense foods along with exercising regularly - especially as doing that is the best way of investing in our health - not just for now but more importantly for when we get older - as not only is leading a healthy lifestyle insurance against some diseases and particularly those that often appear around middle age - generally due to poor lifestyle habits - but the key to improving quality of life - especially as the ability to remain independent as well as the energy to do things - very definitely does make life way, way more enjoyable.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with your doctor. I especially became health conscious when I gave birth. I knew I have to give the most healthy foods for my son. But along the way, it transformed to me being healthy also. We usually eat vegetables and more home cooked meals. Junk foods are rarely seen in our fridge. Exercising everyday is a must because my son also needs the sunlight. Walking outside is our favorite bonding moment. I actually feel lighter, stronger and healthier now than before I got pregnant.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This could also help keep someone healthy:

- Stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water [about ten glasses] every day.

- Regular exercise. Even walking a mile each day will be good for your heart.

- Eat a lot of fruits.

- Rest. Working all the time will stress you up and if things get worse you might get depression which will be very costly to cure.

- Fight your insomnia. If you sleep well, you'll be healthier.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why is there a deluge of food supplement in the market? People would spend money for their health because health is the most important thing in life. People change their lifestyle when they get sick. Food supplement manufacturers prey on those people who are conscious of their health - why wait to be sick, take prevention, take food supplement, etc. Don't be mistaken, I am not promoting food supplements.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Supplements are here mainly for those who look for quick fixes rather than a healthy lifestyle. Most people taking them, haven't even had their levels checked to know if they're doing the right thing or not. Easier than giving up their "crack" though I suppose...

8. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Here are some tips to improve health:
    Take up a new hobby,Exercise for 30 minutes every day,Take time to relax and eat plenty of wholegrain cereals, leafy greens and dairy foods. Vitamin B is essential to brain health.

9. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think that is true. We need to make good health a priority and not just a sometimes. It is so important to your overall health and well being to have good health. We should make certain we do what we can to make sure we keep what we have. It is important.

10. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Exercising for better health is a great idea! Exercising helps control weight, maintains healthy bones, muscles and joints, reduces risk of developing high blood pressure and diabetes,reduces risk of death from heart disease and reduces risk of premature death.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, this is true. You should always maintain your health on a day to day basis, because if it is something that you start to neglect, then you can be certain that you are going to suffer with more health problems in the future. I have just started to exercise a lot more than I might have done in the past, and thanks to this I can say that I am fitter than I have ever been. This means that I can hopefully look forward to a long and healthy life, where I will be able to stay fit for many years in the future.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually think that we need to go back to the basics where health is concerned, because many people are misinformed. Water is a key factor in maintaining and fostering good health. Secondly oxygen is another key factor. Many people were not taught how to breath correctly, and as a consequence they do not get enough oxygen. Diet is the next key factor. And then exercise.

13. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    We can maintain our health by putting in nutrient rich foods and supplements, and simultaneously not eating foods that deplete our nutrients. Healthy alternatives to sugar, and using unrefined oils and grains, make a big difference too. In order to be prepared for illness if it comes, our immune system needs to be strong, so all we can do in this respect is essential.

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree water is the most important thing anyone can do for themselves.. but don't forget, real food is back to the basics too and also something we absolutely can't live without.

As for oils, it's 100% fat which has lovely results in the body :/ I know a lot of people will disagree with me on that, but better to eat the whole food it's extracted from for actual health benefits.. less isolates.

15. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a role model for this but I do know that maintaining a balanced diet is important. You don't need to restrict yourself from the "bad" foods you enjoy (especially if you are on vacation and want to experience new dishes). You just need to make sure it balances out with the healthy foods. Moderation is key.
    Something I am a huge advocate in is exercise. I'm not a fan of traditional exercise and I don't think you have to do it..at least on a regular basis. You just have to make sure you are moving around enough. I try to dance everyday otherwise I am more prone to feeling tired.
    I think it's also important to get enough quality sleep but this is something I have never been good with. My mind is constantly wanting to race. I have been thinking about going back to the sleep cycle alarm so I am awoken in an optimal stage. It seemed to work pretty well.
    However there is more to it than just exercise, diet and sleep. Our emotional health is just as important as our physical health. Always take a little bit of time out of your day to enjoy yourself whether that be through video games, music, shopping etc. If you don't enjoy your life then your emotional health will suffer. This is something I know first hand. When you have bad emotional health your physical health will eventually deteriorate.
    On a final note I often wonder if our health is about more than just doing things for ourselves. With an environment full of pollution is it any wonder why people are not healthy. There is something we can do about it though. We should do our best to "go green".

16. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    I am a fitness conscious person, I love to exercise on daily basis.Yoga makes me fit, happy and improve health,heal

aches and pains and keep sickness away.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sure, we can always improve our health. By eating right, getting the right vitamins and nutrients, exercising, not smoking or drinking, and all that. And everybody knows this is the way to live, right? Unfortunately not all of us can lead that life, some are incapable of doing so for several different reasons. I myself am doing all of those I mentioned, aside from exercising. I need to find the right time and establish a routine. Then I know I will get healthier and have less health problems as well.

18. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    Practice yoga daily, establish a routine, try to make it a part of your life it will definitely work.

19. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Reducing stress is very important to keep your body in the best condition as much as exercising. Stress can make you sick and weaken you immune system and make it harder for your body to fight off any attacks germs may want to wage on your body. Stress can make you old before your time and make you feel tired all the time. Finding a way to reduce the stress in your life is one of the best things you can do to stay healthy. Getting enough sleep is also very important to staying healthy.

20. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    You know! Yoga is really helpful for reducing stress, it provides mental stability. Body and mind becomes calmer and more relaxed.