Maintaining Our Health

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sunflogun • Aug 6, 2015.

1. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Health is wealth.
    I like that comparison and the one your doc made too.
    Health is an important component to an overall good life.

2. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I am so tired to be jumping from doctor to doctor! Not only the expenses that it brings, but it's also a tiring process. Next week I am going to an allergy doctor, what can he do this time?

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually diseases exhibt some symptoms before they become full blown diseases. I remember my mom felt always itchy mostly on her back and on her scalp. That manifested over many years, amd little did we know that it's a symptom of kidney disease already. So now I have learned that it will save us from a lot of harm in the future if we pay attention to any discomfort that we feel in our body and research on it to see if it's indicatIve of a more serious disease.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that most of us know when we are abusing our body. Learning how to listen to one's inner voice is the first step towards better health. Your body sends you all the warning signs early enough if there is something that's not quite right in your body, all you have to do is follow your gut instinct. Try to get enough sleep, have a good diet, exercise, drink enough water, practice some form of meditation/relaxation. Enjoy life. Laugh and love a lot.

5. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been analyzing the descriptions we have on food labels and it's scary the amount of sugar and other unknown substances. I don't know how it's legal that those products are sold and labeled as healthy...

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My doctor takes a proactive stance when it comes to the health of his patients. It's great. I do an annual checkup with him and we go over different things. I try to eat well, get lots of rest, meditate and reduce stress in my life. I try to get lots of exercise even if it's done through housework. I also take homeopathic remedies like oil of oregano if I'm feeling under weather. I also try to make sure I drink plenty of water and smile and laugh a lot. I try to remember to be grateful for all the wonderful things I have rather than focus on things I don't have.