Maintaining The Weight

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by naruto100 • Feb 21, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @tonyb@tonyb Well, Dieting can do it, but one need exercise too. I think healthy dieting with little exercising daily is the perfect key for reducing and maintaining the weight. But maintaining these two on consistent basis is not that easy. At least for me. Specially exercising is always weak point for me as I don't able to do it on regular manner.

#21Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
  2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I actually lost weight by eating very little in a span of 2 weeks, and I lost 12 pounds with no exercise. But what I did can't be recommended if you're working, since you will only be eating once a day. Now I'm eating 2x per day now, and the weight that I lost creeps back in the form of 2 or 3 pounds, so I really need to get some exercise to maintain it.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of people should watch their snacking times and it kind of kills your hunger at mealtimes,so its good to feel a healthy hunger,and it makes you enjoy your dinner a bit more as well. Also you should enjoy a walk everyday and this is good for your metabolism as well and its easier to maintain than the faddish exercise programs people get on in America?

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 No I did not say I often eat fast food but only when I have nothing else to eat. You know people in marketing sector come across situations when they have to compromise with their eating habits and only in that case I would go for a pizza or a burger. I eat less right from my childhood and I have never felt I was missing on anything. I am happy with my average weight of 75 kg for my 6'2".

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Good, that you are having proper weight since that long. Personally I don't eat those kind of fast food too, I only have them rarely. But still my body is not losing anything. May be I am not having that much day activity as in my work I only sit on computer for whole day. So no physical activity . Even after dieting I can only maintain my weight. Too sad.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am really zero in exercising apart from walking but that too falls under sedentary lifestyle. This is one reason that despite dieting my weight creeps back on.

Although both diet and exercise helps tremendously during weight management, it is also advisable to check for underlying health conditiins like diabetes or thyroid disorders.

These conditions if unaddressed can actually waste your cash and time while trying to make futile efforts at weight management.

7. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    The reason you fail to maintain the weight loss (no matter how you lost it) is because your weight is closely tied to your self-image. If you don't develop a picture in your mind of you as you want to be, then even if you diet or exercise and lose the weight, it's only temporary because you subconsciously fill in the 'fat image' again in your mind and your body goes back to that. Get a clear picture of yourself as slim and trim or toned or whatever you want to be, and hold on to that picture each moment of everyday. That will help you to be inspired to better choices diet and exercise-wise and you will maintain a slim body.

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I too have lost weight and gained when I have failed to maintain it. It is in our hands to keep the practice regularly and controlling ourselves to take only the healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables and increasing their amount and reducing junk foods.

9. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady I agree on that. We should check all those disorder as it can too barrier for us for losing weight.

Yes exercising and diet works like magic. As my life is also not active at all I don't get any physical activity . So yes I have to do dieting and exercising both for losing weight. Only one will not work for me, it will only help to maintain.

#29Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Decentlady@Decentlady of course we understand that a person can get the best result if he is not suffering from a disease which will mar his efforts of maintaining steady weight. However, people suffering from diabetes or other similar problems should exercise regularly. That will help them maintain their weight and help fight with disease more effectively.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Reduce the carbs on your diet. Eat Cauliflower rice instead of rice. Cauliflower is one of the cheapest vegetables ever. Cauliflower rice tasted exactly like rice and it is easy to do:

If you like bread and cakes, Bake with cricket flour instead of regular flour. Yeah eating bugs sounds gross but cricket flour tasted exactly like white flour and it is low in carbs but high in protein.

12. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am still, to this day, so confused as to whether or not I need to be careful about carbs. I guess that is not true because I know I need to be careful but just not really what to be careful about. I do love rice though and that picture looks great.

13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 You mean the one who have diabetes should do regular exercise and it can help? Well, I didn't know about it. I thought they should depend on medicines and take rest. Thanks for the information, it can be helpful. I know person who is having diabetes but I am not sure if he is following regular exercise. So I can share this info with him.

#33Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 I am surprised to read your post because exercising is suggested as part of the treatment in case of patients of diabetes and blood pressure. The chances of patients staying fit increase if they go for regular walks and perform light exercises even though they have to be on regular medicines for rest of their lives.

15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Well, I never knew about this. Here no body is having this problem. One of my friend's relative is having this problem and he mentioned about it once to me. So I thought about telling him. But he already knew about this thing. Now I am feeling that it is kind of normal information and I wonder why I don't know about it.

#35Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  16. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    In most instance, once you may have found a successful weight loss regime, you will have to maintain the level that you are at continuously because for most people any sort of deviation may derail the process. Therefore, whatever the recipe for your success may have been it might be good to have it documented that you don't lose the focus because if you slip you may be back at square one.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Maintaining is the hardest part. I have seen many people can successfully reduce the weight. But almost all of them gain it again as they can't properly maintain it. So I think maintaining is the biggest problem after reducing weight. Specially for those who have reduce the weight by dieting. They are not going to follow such dieting for whole life.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Yes I agree that maintaining is the hardest part and that needs lots of self-control especially when one is trying to lose weight or quit cigarette. As you said people suffering with obesity start with lot of fanfare and measure every inch lost or every pound reduced but once they stop working out regularly and in a planned way they gain more than they lose. I have seen people smoking more than ever before because they could not control temptation.

19. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    People often don't maintain a good weight after a diet because they didn't learn to eat properly. They just followed a diet and when that's over they go back to their eating habits. We should learn to eat the right things and keep ourselves active. That should be enough to maintain a healthy weight even after a diet.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, even I have seen many people here who gained more than what they lose. But still they continue such dieting for losing weight again. I have also seen same thing with people who reduced weight by hard exercising at gym. They to gain the weight when they stop going to gym. So it is all about maintaining.