Make Pudding From Leftover Bread

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Feb 7, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There were times that we have lots of leftover bread which is thrown away after several days because the bread becomes too tough. Whenever I have time, I make into pudding those leftover bread. Here is the recipe...

Ingredients: leftover bread with volume equivalent to 6 slices, 1 can condensed milk, 1 small can of evaporated milk, 1 egg, 6 tablespoon of sugar, dab of butter

Procedure: Break the bread into the smallest pieces that you can. Pour the condensed milk and evaporated milk in a bowl. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Add the egg and stir to blend well before adding the bits of bread. Stir the mixture slowly until the bread have somehow dissolved. Apply the dab of butter in the pie pan before placing the mixture. Bake in 350 degrees for 30 minutes and lower to 300 degrees for another 30 minutes. Let it cool before serving.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! That's innovative! Being a kitchen queen this is definitely something that I want to try out. However, I will have to look for an alternative for baking as I don't have an oven.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Now I wish I had an oven this sounds delicious and also a great way to save money by not throwing out left over bread which I tend to have a lot of. I remember seeing something like this at a restaurant before but never knew how to make it so thank you for sharing. I also like how easy it is and the ingredients are not that costly.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We do that all the time minus the egg. And we use the leftover rice also for making pudding adding sugar, fresh milk, sugar, raisin, almonds, few seeds of cardamom etc.

5. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Yummy as one could guess!:p
    The ingredients seem easily available and that makes the dish even more approachable. The preparation time is also less and apparently looks hassle free as well.