Make up or not?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Jul 23, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that actor/actresses or models very soon have their skin ruined and as they live on their appearance they just have to keep pressing so no surprise they age early or in a very strange way. The fact is that they earn millions looking like that.

2. Riggy

RiggyMember

Threads:
    I'm all for people wearing make up. I mean, if you want to feel more comfortable in your skin then go for it. There's no point not being happy with how you look. Also, men go for certain types of women. Some men like women with or without make up. Why can't some women wear make up to feel as if they look good while pleasing their boyfriend/husband?

3. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I only wear makeup on rare occasions. I used to feel the need to put it on everyday; namely in high school. After I met my boyfriend I felt even more pressure to make myself more 'pretty' with different facial products. One day we were snuggling while playing video games and he told me he preferred me without make-up. At the time I wasn't wearing anything. It was better than any compliment any boy had ever given me. Thanks to it, I don't bother spending hours redoing my eyeliner so both eyes matched perfectly. I also don't waste money on different products. It was a big uplift and turn in my life and confidence.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are quite a few reasons against the use of makeup. Once, it's an expense, two, it's not healthy for the skin, three, it can cause an allergic reaction to you or to the people close to you and I could go on and on. Having this said I believe that women have the right to wear it and feel good, just not too much IMO.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We will not stay the same. We changed as we age. I think she looks good considering her age and the "wild" life she led at one point. Not everyone looks good everyday. She may have had a bad night. Who knows.

I would hate to live in the public spotlight. People think that they can comment on your appearance. It's almost like celebrities aren't allowed to be human.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel the same. They're not. An example is as soon as they gain a little weight they're deemed as fat.

I especially hate how the celeb men are made to be airbrushed/have makeup. I understand it in movies or television shows but it's not necessary anywhere else esp when they're out and about. I'd rather see them as natural because that is the most attractive to me. I don't know when they decided to make men wear that stuff too. I thought makeup was a woman thing

I suppose I'm not girly enough to wear makeup so I've rarely had it. I would like to wear it sometime though because I have a lot that was given to me that just sits there unused.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer women without makeup, no question about it. With makeup women look artificial and they are ruining their skin. Sure, in a glamorous event once in a while ok, but every single day I find too much.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course, my stand is to do so, but not overdoing it. Just enough to make your bosses and your coworkers see that you are concern with your work and with yourself, not just with your work or with yourself. It's important that they are able to see the balance, and that you can do your work well without compromising yourself that even a very basic practice you would neglect.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing is to be a model where you need to look like the perfect human sculpture, you know that you are ruining your body, but you need to. Other thing is to have the regular job and get a lot of make up, that really makes no sense and it's not healthy at all.

10. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Make up is when you create an image, people who can go out without make up have more confidence. It took me a long time to go outside without make up and I used to work with make up for a living. It's people who can't live without make up that have issues.

Most models and actors don't look like their photos and without make up most look plain and ordinary.That's why make up can make us feel better and highlights the best points and hides the not so good points.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that it is a profession requirement in many cases, if we are an actor or a model we just need to look the best, but if we have regular jobs we don't need to look so "perfect", we can be regular people and protect our skin.

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    She really doesn't look that bad! I've seen far worse 56 year olds than that. Plus, it's her choice in my view.

And if we move beyond the physical issues for a second, maybe she has other narratives to deal with that none of us know about. After all, we all have something that we are dealing with somewhere. Only, most people are more willing to focus on someone else's outer look than the inner considerations.

Regardless, I'm sure she will be slated for what she looks like. I just think it's a shame that women aren't allowed to age in whatever way they choose.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That face obviously went through several phases of cosmetic surgery. If she hadn't done anything to her face and just left it as-is, she wouldn't have looked that bad. I wonder why celebrities resort to synthetic means to enhance their beauty when they can always do it the natural way. I guess they want something with immediate results, which isn't even recommended because of the side effects. A real beauty is someone who still looks beautiful without make-up. Sad to say, most celebrities are merely synthetic beauties.

14. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Man, she really does look rough in that picture. Honestly, I think women in Hollywood typically wear an excess of makeup but in her case I honestly think that she could use a bit.

15. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that it's a professional need, both for actors and models. They are famous, glamorous, but in terms of skin they are destroying it faster than us because the skin is not ready to get so many chemicals and the years and their faces do prove that.

16. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend not to wear make up too much anymore. But then I am not a famous celebrity I don't have to worry about someone snapping a picture of me with no make up on. I kind of feel bad for Madonna and other celebrities who have their pictures taken when they aren't at their best. Yes, I know that some celebrities have agreed to be photographed at times without makeup to show people how they look without make up. I guess sort of a way to coming across more human I suppose.

Anyway, its those times when the celebrity doesn't agree to be photographed when not looking their best that bothers me. Its really like an invasion of privacy, I mean I know I wouldn't like it if someone were photographing me when I wasn't at my best and didn't give them permission to do so.