Make your own Bleach Cleaner

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Zyni • Sep 28, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you seen those bleach cleaners that say they're safe enough to use most anywhere? That's because they are mostly all water with just a tiny bit of bleach added. So, why not make your own and save a few bucks? Fill a clean spray bottle with water and add a spoonful of bleach (or you can add a bit more if you like). Presto, you have your own bleach cleaner. To make sure you haven't added too much, try spraying some on a rag to make sure it doesn't make a bleach stain.

*Don't use homemade bleach cleaner by food, as you can't guarantee if the amount you're using is harmless.

#1Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    This is such a great way to save money and most people don't even think about it. Those name brand bleach cleaners are really expensive and like you said... only contain water and bleach! What an easy thing to do at home. I bought a few spray bottle at the store and marked them " bleach" so there are no mistakes. Added a quarter of a cup of bleach and then filled the rest with water. :) I use this for toilets, sinks and my showers and it works great!!!

Love to save money!!!

Danyel :)

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Great point, Danyel; we have to clearly mark the bottle. I love finding ways to make home cleaners. I admit that I love the fragrance some cleaners have, but as you said, some of that stuff can be so expensive. I can think of many things I'd rather spend money on than cleaning supplies.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for this! I often use bleach to clean my cats' litter trays. This will save me a lot of money!

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also wondering how I would be able to make my own bleach cleaner. I have heard that bleaches really damages the clothes with the contact between them. So I am looking for a way in which I could wash my clothes, or any stuff without actually bleaching them. Bleaches are too strong for frequent use.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The real recipe for homemade Clorox Clean up that is making the rounds on the internet is, One empty ,rinsed out Clorox Clean Up spray bottle, 1/4 cup bleach, 1 teaspoon laundry detergent. Fill the bottle the rest of the way to the top with water and shake. There is more to commercial bleach cleaners than just bleach and water. You need that bit of soap to boost its cleaning power.